The stories begin here at Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh - The Caledonian:
Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh - The Caledonian, known locally as the "Caley", was built in 1903 and is one of Edinburgh's most significant landmarks. Standing proudly at the West End of Princes Street, this former Victorian railway building hotel nestles in the shadow of Edinburgh Castle. Its reputation for style and excellence has attracted international visitors and notable personalities for over one hundred years.
Click on the link to view our General Manager presenting the hotel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Gj0GqSanUA&t=35s
Working as Bar and Lounge Assistant the hourly rate on offer for the role is £10 per hour (plus gratuities which are shared across the team.
As a permanent contracted Team Member, you will enjoy time and a half for any overtime, including bank holidays.
Shift for this opportunity start work from around
12pm until close
At the Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh - The Caledonian, we are proud to guarantee every team member at the hotel a real living wage of at least £10 per hour!
In the event of relocation from a different part of the UK or further, we can offer comfortable en-suite accommodation, on property until you find your new home (subject to availability).
We are able to offer Full Time / Part Time hours per week.
12 and more reasons to love working at the Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh - The Caledonian as a Food and Beverage Assistant?
- Personal Development programmes for every level
- The world is yours - we will support you with a promotion within your own department or a step within a different department like Front Office, Accounts or Human Resources in over 100 different countries
- Working in an environment where creativity is highly appreciated
- Regular parties
and outing for the whole hotel or your department
- 28 days holidays including bank holidays (increasing yearly)
- Complimentary meals on duty and uniforms provided
- Worldwide travel perks - up to 30 nights at discounted rates over 5,000 properties in more than 100 countries. If you love a city break or relaxing on the beach for £45, a night there is a hotel to inspire everyone to travel with GO HILTON. You can also extend discounted room rates to your Family & Friends
- 50% Food & Beverage discount in our hotel's outlets
- Industry leading benefits including contributory pension scheme, discounted dental and health cover
- Life insurance - the level of cover provided is a multiple of your base salary
- Your wellbeing is our priority. We are proud to offer 24-hour employee assistance programme that you would be able to contact which offers support and advice
- Personal membership to Hilton Marketplace
(Perks at Works) offering a wide range of retail discounts, including cinema tickets, supermarket discounts and many more
We look forward to explaining in detail the range of magnificent benefits that you would expect from a global hotel organization like Hilton Worldwide.
How will you enjoy your day at the Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh - The Caledonian?
Waldorf Astoria provides guests the exceptional environment and the personalised attention of True Waldorf Service that creates a singular experience.
If you understand the value of personalised attention and know how to treat even the most extraordinarily different experiences with the same rich level of guest service, you may just be the person we are looking for!
About our Food and Beverage facilities
Located in the heart of the hotel, the stylish sophistication of the new Peacock Alley will re-connect to all the glamour
and traditions of the original Waldorf & Astoria Hotels in New York. The classic place to be, from morning to night. A comfortable lounge for residents to treat as their own, for breakfast, light lunch or afternoon tea. A discreet, professional welcome for informal business meetings; "the place to see and be seen" at cocktail hour; a convivial, attentive "club" in which to wind down at the end of the evening.
The Caley Bar
Experience casual elegance and trendy sophistication at The Caley Bar. Inspired by the timeless heritage of the Caledonian Railway, this destination Edinburgh bar offers an historic tribute to the luxury hotel's Victorian past. The Caley Bar presents a warm, inviting ambiance with a sense of adventure. Savour pre-diner drinks, sip on custom cocktails, or sample some of the finest whiskies Scotland has to offer. Set where Edinburgh's Old Town, New Town, and West End meet, The Caley Bar boasts a fantastic gathering point before
exploring the excitements of Scotland's capital city.
As a Team Member for the Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh - The Caledonian you are responsible for overseeing your department to deliver an excellent Guest and Team Member experience in accordance with the True Waldorf Service Standards.
- You will be the face of the outlets, communicating with the kitchen and the guests alike ensuring a smooth and memorable experience
- Ability to work in different areas of Food & Beverage including Breakfast, Bar, Restaurant, In Room Dining and Conference & Events
- Welcome guests in a polite and friendly manner, consistently demonstrating great customer service
- Up-sell with latest departmental incentives
- Carry out cleaning duties as assigned to you in any of the food and beverage outlets
- Adhere to all hotel brand standards
- As a Food and Beverage Assistant you will work 5 days per week, including, but not
always, weekends and bank holidays.
Who are we looking for?
As our future Team Member you will show:
- Passion and willingness to learn
- Positive attitude and someone who makes our guests smile
- Genuinely friendly and caring
- Enjoys working as part of a team
- Ambitious and hard working
- Good communication and excellent grooming standards
- It would be advantageous if you worked in a similar role previously.
We look forward to welcoming you to our hotel and to giving you the opportunity to work with our fantastic Managers, who can coach and develop you in achieving your personal goals in your future hospitality career.
We are open to confidential conversations with candidates about the role as part of the application and recruitment process. Please mention this in your CV/ covering letter when applying online if this is something you