The stories begin here at Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh – The Caledonian:
Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh – The Caledonian, known locally as the “Caley”, was built in 1903 and is one of Edinburgh’s most significant landmarks. Standing proudly at the West End of Princes Street, this former Victorian railway building hotel nestles in the shadow of Edinburgh Castle. Its reputation for style and excellence has attracted international visitors and notable personalities for over one hundred years.
Click on the link to view our General Manager presenting the hotel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Gj0GqSanUA&t=35s
Working as a Concierge Supervisor you will be paid an hourly rate of £10.50 per hour.
At the Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh – The Caledonian, we are proud to guarantee every team member at the hotel a UK Hilton Minimum Wage of at least £10 per hour!
In the event of relocation from a different part of the UK or further, we can offer comfortable en-suite accommodation, on property until you find your new home (subject to availability).
12 and more reasons to love working at the Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh – The Caledonian as a Bell Captain ?
• Personal Development programmes for every level
• The world is yours – we will support you with a promotion within your own department or a step within a different department like Front Office, Accounts or Human Resources in over 100 different countries
• Working in an environment where creativity is highly appreciated
• Regular parties and outing for the whole hotel or your department
• 28 days holidays including bank holidays (increasing yearly)
• Complimentary meals on duty and uniforms provided
• Worldwide travel perks - up to 30 nights at discounted rates over 5,000 properties in more than 100 countries. If you love a city break or relaxing on the beach for £45, a night there is a hotel to inspire everyone to travel with GO HILTON. You can also extend discounted room rates to your Family & Friends
• 50% Food & Beverage discount in our hotel’s outlets
• Industry leading benefits including contributory pension scheme, discounted dental and health cover
• Life insurance - the level of cover provided is a multiple of your base salary
• Your wellbeing is our priority. We are proud to offer 24-hour employee assistance programme that you would be able to contact which offers support and advice
• Personal membership to Hilton Marketplace (Perks at Works) offering a wide range of retail discounts, including cinema tickets, supermarket discounts and many more
We look forward to explaining in detail the range of magnificent benefits that you would expect from a global hotel organization like Hilton Worldwide.
How will you enjoy your day at the Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh – The Caledonian?
Waldorf Astoria provides guests the exceptional environment and the personalised attention of True Waldorf Service that creates a singular experience.
If you understand the value of personalised attention and know how to treat even the most extraordinarily different experiences with the same rich level of guest service, you may just be the person we are looking for!
As a Bell Captain for the Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh – The Caledonian you are responsible for overseeing supervising your department to deliver an excellent Guest and Team Member experience in accordance with the True Waldorf Service Standards.
• Offer consistent, high standard Concierge services and assistance to Guests and maintain a lobby presence that offers courteous, luxury and attentive service
• Oversee completion of Daily Duties and checklists, as well as support the Concierge team when necessary in supervising the team to ensure they are also completing their relevant tasks
• Ensure enquiries are dealt with timely and correctly including following up with third party stakeholders and guests
• Ensure tasks are carried out in accordance with hotel policy, such as Valet Parking, Luggage Delivery and Collection
• Ensure the door is covered as part of daily rotation or for cover in the event the nominated door cover needs to step away
• Answer important emails, phone calls and messages in a timely manner
• Help the duty management team represent the Front of House Department and other senior managers in their absence.
• Support completion of Performance Development Reviews of the Team
• Act in accordance with all security and emergency procedures and manage the instigation of these, as required
• Compile adequate handovers to Concierge team/duty management & the reception team to ensure the continuous high-level service of our guests
• Attend appropriate training courses, when required, and assist with the Team's training and development efforts
• Coach and encourage the team and participate in the upselling of hotel products and services to raise incremental revenue
• Coach and encourage the team and participate in promoting and recognising the Hilton Honors membership program
• Act in accordance with policies and procedures when working with front of house equipment and property management systems
• Conduct Health and Safety Checks and Fire Walks, and maintain a good status awareness of all hotel areas, when required
• Working with all stakeholder departments to deliver extraordinary guest experiences
Who are we looking for?
As our future Team Member you will show:
• Passion and willingness to learn
• Positive attitude and someone who makes our guests smile
• Genuinely friendly and caring
• Enjoys working as part of a team
• Ambitious and hard working
• Good communication and excellent grooming standards
• It would be advantageous if you worked in a similar role previously
We look forward to welcoming you to our hotel and to giving you the opportunity to work with our fantastic Managers, who can coach and develop you in achieving your personal goals in your future hospitality career.
We are open to confidential conversations with candidates about the role as part of the application and recruitment process. Please mention this in your CV/ covering letter when applying online if this is something you would like.