About The RoleAbout this opportunity
Gleeds have an opportunity for a Bid Co-ordinator to join the team on a Fixed-term contract basis to cover Maternity leave.
The Gleeds bid team supports our business growth through the creation of winning bid submissions. We do this by ensuring we target the right opportunities with the right proposition in a compelling way.
The main purpose of the Bid Coordinator role is the project management and editing of first class bid documentation. You will be responsible for the preparation of standard company information and the quality aspects of pre-qualification questionnaires and tender submissions for a variety of clients. This will include collating, coordinating, and reviewing information from others, ensuring timely completion and full compliance with tender requirements.Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
•Working with the Technical Lead/teams to create and design high quality proposals, including bid submissions, interview presentations and capability documents;
•Will be relied upon to deliver regional bids, with a supporting role on national, global and larger multi-disciplinary bids;
•Managing the bid submission process alongside the Technical Lead, understanding and communicating weighting and evaluation criteria, and submitting bids;
•Logging bids when they are allocated to you and keeping all related information up-to-date on all systems;
•Navigating client portals to obtain tender information and submitting/retrieving clarifications on behalf of the Technical Lead/teams;
•Developing client focused proposals outlines following the RFP guidelines (bid plans) and when appropriate leading kick-off meetings;
•Editing and re-writing content, ensuring it is grammatically correct, and articulates the client’s requirements;
•Co-ordinating reviews to ensure documents convey a winning proposition;
•Supporting in the creation and development of content and information libraries to aid bid submissions;
•Sharing best practice with the rest of the corporate bid team;
•Traveling to other Gleeds offices nationally to support bid submissions (currently N/A due to pandemic).
•Support in championing the role of the corporate bid team around the company and dealing with ad-hoc queries;
•Support the corporate bid team with internal projects and continuously improving the bid process;
•General administration duties.As a Gleeds team member, you will have access to:
- Opportunities to develop and grow your career
- A contributory pension scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Our global travel scholarship programme
- Flexible working arrangements
About The CandidateWho we’re looking for:Experience, Knowledge and Key SkillsExperience
- Minimum one years’ experience in bidding;
- An understanding of professional service and/or the building/property industry preferred;
- Ability to demonstrate experience successfully managing bids generating over £100k fee revenue or with a value of over £15m construction cost;
- Experience of contributing to bids generating over £1m fee revenue or with a value of over £100m construction cost preferred;
- Ability to demonstrate creativity and innovation through the production of bespoke Client documentation;
- Highly experienced in Microsoft Office Suite, with exceptional Word and PowerPoint formatting skills;
- Experienced in Adobe InDesign;
- Excellent command of both spoken and written English (mandatory);
- A proactive, self-motivated, enthusiastic and determined bid professional;
- Excellent grammar, spelling and punctuation skills in order to create and review bids in line with company branding and style;
- A team player and effective communicator able to establish and maintain harmonious and professional relationships with clients and colleagues;
- Work on own initiative, and to an exceedingly high quality;
- Able to multi-task and work to tight deadlines in high pressure situations;
About The CompanyBe part of the extraordinary;
Every day at Gleeds, we influence the way people around the world live, work and travel. Delivering on the world’s most iconic projects for globally renowned clients, our teams solve complex problems that shape the future of the built environment.
One of the qualities we value in people, is the ability to think creatively about the solutions we offer to clients. With 71 offices spanning the Americas, Europe, MENA and Asia Pacific our ability to innovate and improve is a product of the varied backgrounds and experience of our people. We welcome new perspectives and ideas.
We believe that quality relationships sit at the heart of good business. We strive to be the people that seek to understand and bring people together. Wherever we are in the world, our aspiration is to leave a positive legacy for people and local communities, whilst living and breathing our three core values:
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications regardless of age, disability, marital status, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, transgender status, or gender.We recognise the importance of work/life balance and agree flexible working arrangements to suit each individual.Gleeds is a gold standard investor in people employer.
- We’re committed to our clients and our people
- We’re creative and realistic
- We combine professionalism with personality.