Business Operations Manager (Proposals Lead)
London – Elephant & Castle
Bid Management, UK Power Networks Services
Permanent – Full Time
||Starting £25,500 (Depending on Skills and Experience)
19th September 2020
All applications will be reviewed after the closing date
We also provide the following additional benefits
- Annual leave 25 days
- Personal Pension Plan – Personal contribution rates of 4% or 5% (UK Power Networks will make a corresponding contribution of 8% or 10%)
- Tenancy Loan Deposit scheme
- Tax efficient benefits: cycle to work scheme,
- Season ticket loan
- Occupational Health support
- Switched On – scheme providing discount on hundreds of retailers products.
- Supplier discounts, such as O2, EE, Vauxhall cars, Universal tyres
- Discounted access to sports and social clubs
- Employee Assistance Programme.
UK Power Networks Services require a Bid Coordinator to assist the Bid Managers in developing the documentation required for tendering.
The Bid Coordinator will be responsible for ensuring the smooth administration and operation of the bid management process, and will require well developed people management skills to produce a collaborative and productive working/team environment.
The Bid Coordinator will work under the supervision of the Business Operations Manager (Proposals Lead) and will assist them in running the bid process including organising meetings, taking minutes, developing responses to pre-qualification questionnaires.
The role will be office based at our headquarters in Newington House, Elephant and Castle, you may be required to work late on occasions to ensure deadlines for submissions are met.
NATURE AND SCOPE:
The individual will perform bid related administrative and general duties in support of delivering bids while under the pressure sometimes associated with deadlines.
The individual will need to be self-motivated and able to work with minimum supervision. They must be a good communicator with excellent inter-personal skills and must represent UK Power Network Services’ best company values with both internal and external stakeholders. They will also need to have good relationship skills and the ability to make a positive contribution to the successful delivery of targets.
- Assisting the Business Operations Manager (Proposals) in all elements of the proposal process.
- Production and delivery of compliant, professional produced bids within customer defined timeframes.
- Coordinate bid inputs from a variety of stakeholders.
- Champion document management and change control best practice using Document Management Control System.
- Ensure that bid documents follow standard formatting and quality standards.
- Consolidate sections and / or documents developed by the Bid Team members into the required submission format.
- Maintain and make available master document sets.
- Ensure consistent branding for all company specific documents.
- Carrying out the tender production process: converting documents into Adobe PDF, printing and binding the final document.
- Monitoring Client external portals: daily website checking, reviewing responses and uploading technical queries on behalf of the company.
- Preparation of presentations for pitches and client meetings
- File management and maintenance of tender folders whilst bid is live
- Assistance with the development of Risk Registers.
- Excellent communicator.
- Ability to prioritise when dealing with multiple deadlines and deliverables.
- Strong written English language skills.
- A high attention to detail with an excellent editing and proofing ability.
- Excellent literacy skills, with an extensive vocabulary.
- Deadline driven with effective time management skills.
- Thrive in a busy environment.
- Ability to multitask and prioritise workload.
- Experience in bid management.
- Demonstrable effective bid writing skills.
- Ability to build strong relationships with people at all levels in an organisation.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to influence and negotiate at all levels both internally and externally.
SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPEREINCE:
- This role requires forensic levels of attention to detail and the ability to work under pressure.
- Excellent communicator, both written and verbal.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Demonstrable organisational skills.
- APMP Foundation level.
- Advanced level MS Office skills – particularly MS Word.
- Skills in a range of industry desktop publishing software.
- Proven ability in planning, producing and delivering compliant proposal documents within a complex business environment.
- An understanding of bid production and management and an appreciation of project management in order to fulfil the time and quality expectations.
- Experienced in attending Bid kick-off meetings, participating in storyboard sessions, attending review meetings / final document review, managing document governance, sign-off, print production and delivery of complex bids.
- Experience of dealing with senior managers.
Health & Safety Responsibilities
Managers and supervisors carry both legal and company responsibilities for ensuring the health and safety of their employees, those under their control and those who might be affected by the work undertaken, i.e. public, visitors and employees of other organisations. This includes briefing individuals working for them and ensuring there is the necessary understanding, competence and application of requirements to work safely and without harming the environment.
Employees are responsible for ensuring they fully understand the health and safety risks involved in their work activities and their responsibility to apply the controls needed to manage those risks to acceptable levels. Similarly where work activities can have an adverse impact upon the environment, and particularly where there are legal requirements, employees are responsible for understanding those impacts and the controls they must ensure are applied.
If in doubt, ask!