Bid Manager Location: Aylesford
Kier Construction South East is looking to recruit a Bid Manager
. The successful post-holder will contribute to the planned and sustained business growth through the production of client bespoke bid proposals.
Key Skills and Qualifications
- Assemble a bid team with the relevant knowledge and skills to prepare a winning bid
- Follow the agreed bid management procedures and ensure they are implemented at each stage of the bid process
- Manage the bid qualification process for new opportunities
- Chair Bid Kick off meetings, solution development and mid bid meetings
- Manage virtual bid teams and inputs from a variety of stakeholders, ensuring they are fully briefed and understanding the client bid requirements/key deliverables and develop a win plan for each opportunity
- Attend feedback / debrief sessions with client on all bids.
- Manage the clarification process with the client including making sure the bid team are kept fully up to date with clarifications/document changes etc.
- Support teams to prepare for site visits and interviews including presentations and briefing on the team on the Bid Promises
- Ownership of the bid programme and process from inception through to submission and thereafter where appropriate.
- Co-ordinate tender queries/amendments, assessing impacts and advising the bid team.
- Experience of technical construction knowledge
- Proven track record in bid management and administration.
- Proven track record in bid quality writing and evidence of the production of responses to the invitation to tender.
- Worked previously with a leading national or regional contractor.
- Ability to work and motivate a team in demanding deadline environments
- Ability to communicate and influence at senior levels
Ideally we are looking for someone who has experience on tenders for educational, commercial, leisure and healthcare projects.
Being part of Kier means living our values of being collaborative, trusted and focused. We all have the potential to shape our world, and it's through these values that we will leave a lasting legacy. Bring your talent and ambition to Kier and you will be given the scope and opportunity to invest in your own future, to build your expertise and contribute to a rich and diverse culture. You can also expect a competitive salary and an outstanding package that includes a company car or allowance, private healthcare, a matched pension scheme up to 7.5%, 26 days' annual leave (with the opportunity to buy or sell holiday), two employee Share Scheme options, together with additional valuable benefits such as:
- Free Life Assurance
- Access to a range of attractive Flexible benefit
- options to tailor your package to suit your lifestyles
- Flexible and Agile working (dependent on your role)
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Access to Kier Rewards, our exclusive Discount
- Shopping Site with deals available at over 800 retailers
- Plus many more benefits geared to your wellbeing.