Bid Manager 6 Month minimum FTC
Hook Hampshire or Central London
Up to £65,000 plus + £3,600 car allowance + benefits
Working from home with ad hoc travel to contracts expected (expensable)
A career with Serco offers the chance to work with both inspirational people and innovative contracts, in a dynamic and exciting environment. We have a mandate to execute brilliantly and our people lead and inspire based on our core values, Trust, Care, Pride and Innovation. We are looking to recruit a talented Bid Manager to provide expertise on bids of various scale and complexity.
Our Bidding Services Team is currently growing to reflect their up-and-coming business pipeline and we are looking to appoint a passionate and talented Bid Manager to work across all of our business units. The key element of your role as Bid Manager is to provide high quality bid management services for bids of medium to large scale and complexity across our UK & Europe division on either an individual or a portfolio basis.
A Bid Manager will have experience of a complex and varied bidding environment (across different methods of procurement) and will have experience of managing a multifarious set of deliverables.
- Create, implement and manage the Bid Plan to deliver bid requirements on time and on budget.
- Manage and maintain essential bid documentation including; risk/issues/opportunities register, action log, team information, governance information, competitor analysis, customer stakeholder management, clarification question log.
- Ensure effective communication is maintained across the bid team and relevant business stakeholders at all times.
- Ensure governance is followed and all relevant approvals are obtained.
- Manage the bid quality review process to ensure the bid team submits quality bid deliverables on time.
- Manage and mentor more junior members of Bidding Services providing support to their continued learning and professional development.
What you need to do the job
If you are an experienced Bid Manager with experience in one of our sectors then we want to hear from you. We are looking for individuals who have experience in a complex and varied bidding environment who have managed a diverse range of deliverables across different methods of procurement. We do expect that you can evidence experience of full design bids with annual contract values of between £1million and £100million, bid costs between £50,000 and £1,000,000 and a possible capex. We are particularly keen to hear from proactive individuals who have demonstrable commitment to personal development. In addition, we also ask that you are;
- A confident and articulate communicator with the natural ability to build and maintain good working relationships with all stakeholders
- Highly competent in MS Office software, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and relevant tools such as Project, Visio, etc.
- A strong influencer.
Meaningful and vital work: Serco offers the chance to work with both inspirational people and innovative contracts, in a dynamic and exciting environment
A world of opportunity: Working for a globally operating business delivering essential services across 5 vital sectors, your next opportunity and challenge won't be hard to find.
Great people: You'll find yourself working with a variety of highly motivated, supportive and experienced colleagues, where no two days are the same.