About The RoleAbout this opportunity
The Bid Writer is responsible for supporting Gleeds’ infrastructure, energy and defence sectors by developing winning bid content.Key Responsibilities –
including but not limited to:
As a Gleeds team member, you will have access to:
- Reviewing bid documents to understand client/project drivers and interpret PQQ/ITT questions
- Drafting content tailored to sector and client needs, clearly answering the question and portraying the company in the best possible light
- Interviewing technical team members to gain a sufficient understanding of a specific topic/project to write a first-draft response
- Editing/re-writing technical team drafts to ensure they meet company standards and the criteria of an ‘excellent’ response
- Producing clear answer templates for technical authors
- Pro-actively providing strategic advice to technical teams on producing a winning tender and coaching them in writing best practice
- Reviewing the submission against client requirements and proofreading for quality and accuracy
- Supporting bid kick-off meetings, storyboarding workshops and review meetings
- Building internal and external relationships with individuals associated with the bid process to ensure their input enhances the quality of bids
- Identifying and suggesting opportunities to enhance and improve the bid process
- Ad hoc duties including bid aftercare and compiling, updating and maintaining a library of ‘exemplar’ responses
- Championing the role of the bid team around the company, responding to bid related queries and advising ‘local’ bid leads on bidding best practice.
- Opportunities to develop and grow your career
- Generous holiday plus option to purchase additional days through the holiday purchase scheme
- A contributory pension scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Our global travel scholarship programme
- Flexible working arrangements
About The CandidateAdvert Who we’re looking for:Experience, Knowledge and Key Skills
- Minimum three years’ experience in managing and writing major bids for the infrastructure, defence or energy sector(s)
- Demonstrates creativity and innovation through the production of compelling bid responses
- Strong time management, organisational and project management skills with the ability to work on own initiative and multi-task
- Highly experienced in Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe InDesign (desirable)
- Excellent command of both spoken and written English with strong grammar, spelling and punctuation skills (mandatory)
- A proactive, self-motivated, enthusiastic and determined team player
- An effective communicator who establishes and maintains harmonious and professional relationships with clients and colleagues and manages delivery from multiple team members and internal/external stakeholders
- Works effectively to tight deadlines in high pressure situations while still delivering exceptional quality
- Flexible, results oriented and keen to take responsibility
- Degree in a relevant discipline (desirable).
About The CompanyBe part of the extraordinary;
Every day at Gleeds, we influence the way people around the world live, work and travel. Delivering on the world’s most iconic projects for globally renowned clients, our teams solve complex problems that shape the future of the built environment.
One of the qualities we value in people, is the ability to think creatively about the solutions we offer to clients. With 71 offices spanning the Americas, Europe, MENA and Asia Pacific our ability to innovate and improve is a product of the varied backgrounds and experience of our people. We welcome new perspectives and ideas.
We believe that quality relationships sit at the heart of good business. We strive to be the people that seek to understand and bring people together. Wherever we are in the world, our aspiration is to leave a positive legacy for people and local communities, whilst living and breathing our three core values:
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications regardless of age, disability, marital status, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, transgender status, or gender.We recognise the importance of work/life balance and agree flexible working arrangements to suit each individual.Gleeds is a gold standard investor in people employer.
- We’re committed to our clients and our people
- We’re creative and realistic
- We combine professionalism with personality.