Join us to as a Bikeability Instructor to provide schoolchildren with a life skill and enables them to cycle confidently and competently on today's roads.
This position is a zero hours contract based in North Tyneside. What you'll be doing :
- Assist with the delivery of National Standard cycle training as organised by Capita
- Complete course paperwork including registers, assessments, course reports and results.
- Complete risk assessments of the trainees, cycles, and the training area (including on-road locations).
- Collection of consent forms at the start of training sessions.
- Accountable for the safety and welfare of colleagues and trainees.
- Ensure training is delivered in line with Capita's health and safety policy with an awareness of accident and incident reporting procedures.
- Enable trainees to cycle safely, promoting cycling as a means of transport and a fun, healthy activity.
What we're looking for:
- Regular and competent cyclist.
- Understanding and awareness of road and traffic environments.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all trainees including children, parents and schools.
- Be decisive, maintain good discipline, inspire confidence and give encouragement.
- Be enthusiastic about cycling with an understanding of cycling as a sport, means of transport, leisure pursuit and healthy form of exercise.
- The role is dependent upon the outcome of an enhanced Criminal Records Bureau check.
- Should hold a Level 2 Award in Instructing Cycle Training*.
- Hold a First Aid qualification*.
- Understand basic cycle maintenance.
* Full training will be provided if you do not meet these requirements.
About Local Government Services
At Government Services, we're transforming the way governments and local councils serve the public. We're using technology, innovation and domain knowledge to improve services and deliver savings. Our teams are answering 30,000 emergency service calls every day and our Ultra Low Emissions Zone is helping Londoners breath cleaner air. Join us and discover better as you keep the country running smoothly.
You'll get the chance to follow your chosen career path anywhere in Capita. You'll be joining a network of 63,000 experienced, innovative and dedicated individuals across multiple disciplines and sectors. There are countless opportunities to learn new skills and develop in your career, and we'll provide the support you need to do just that. Our purpose is to create a better outcome for you.
What we hope you'll do next:
Choose 'Apply now' to fill out our short application, so that we can find out more about you.
We're an equal opportunity employer, which means we'll consider all suitably qualified applicants regardless of gender identity or expression, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, age, sexual orientation, disability status or any other protected characteristic. We recruit and develop our people based on merit and their passion for creating better outcomes, and we're committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.