£25,000 per annum pro-rata
30 hours per week
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Branch Co-ordinator to join the Sussex Branch on a 18 month fixed term contract for SSAFA, the Armed Forces Charity.
About the role
SSAFA Sussex support serving and ex-serving personnel across the county. They despatch trained volunteers to visit clients in their own homes and carry out a full assessment of their needs and circumstances. Our volunteers then try to access appropriate help and support on their behalf. We are seeking a candidate to co-ordinate and develop all aspects of the Branch’s day to day running.
To carry out this role you will have:
- Experience of building and maintaining relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstrable leadership skills
- Knowledge of, and the ability to keep up to date with the latest legislation and welfare trends
- Experience supporting and co-ordinating volunteers
- Be based in Sussex with regular travel across the county required.
In addition, you will be expected with appropriate support and training to quickly develop a solid understanding of the Armed Forces benevolent sector.
You must be committed to the cause and ethos of the Charity.
SSAFA is an employer that values the diversity of its workforce and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
For further information
Glen Smith, South East & Central Volunteer Support Manager on 07825 430 025 for an informal discussion about the role.
To apply, visit SSAFA’s website
Closing date: 11th March 2020
SSAFA is an Equal Opportunities Employer and is committed to using the Disclosure & Barring Service.