- Job Reference: HOT08KII
- Date Posted: 20 July 2022
- Employer: Hilton
- Website: http://jobs.hilton.com
- Location: London
- Salary: £30,591
- Bonus/Benefits: £30,591 + Service Charge
- Sector: Hospitality & Tourism
- Job Type: Full Time
Your chance to join our accolade winning team in the heart of Mayfair!
Podium Restaurant & Bar as well as CC Bar are located on the ground floor, adjacent to the hotel lobby. Podium Restaurant & Bar is the main hotel restaurant offering, breakfast, all-day dining and our award winning Chocoholic Afternoon tea. CC Bar is a Champagne Bar and private event space for up to 35 guests.
We create heartfelt experiences for our guests and meaningful opportunities for our Team
Members. Achieving consistently the title of “Great places to work”, this is not just a job – we offer you a journey of self-discovery, growth and an exceptional career.
A Breakfast Chef is responsible for ensuring that breakfast and the buffet are prepared and presented to deliver an excellent Guest and Member experience while assisting with food cost controls.
Salary is £30,591 annually + Service Charge
• Service Charge
• Free meals on duty
• Travel and food discounts: - Discounted hotel nights plus 50% off F&B (subject to individual outlets)
• Holiday: 28 days including bank holidays (increasing yearly)
• Pension scheme
• Discounted dental and health cover
• High street discounts: with Perks at Work
• Free uniforms
• Grow your career: access to a network of 6500+ hotels across 100+ countries (subject to local right to work rules)
• Personal Development: programmes designed to support your career
What will I be doing?
As a Breakfast Chef, you will be responsible for ensuring that breakfast and the buffet are prepared and presented to a high quality to deliver an excellent Guest and Member experience. A Breakfast Chef will also be required to assist with food cost controls.
Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
• Ensure breakfast, the buffet, and/or any other meal periods are prepared and presented to a high quality and within company guidelines
• Supervise staff if required
• Keep all working areas clean and tidy and ensure no cross contamination
• Prepare all miss-en-place for breakfast buffet and/or any other meal periods
• Assist in positive outcomes from guest queries in a timely and efficient manner
• Ensure food stuffs are of a good quality and stored correctly
• Contribute to controlling costs, improving gross profit margins, and other departmental and financial targets
• Assist other departments wherever necessary and maintain good working relationships
• Report maintenance, hygiene and hazard issues
• Comply with hotel security, fire regulations and all health and safety and food safety legislation
• Be environmentally aware
What are we looking for?
A Breakfast Chef serving Hilton brands is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
• NVQ Level 2
• Achieved Basic Food Hygiene Certificate
• Positive attitude
• Good communication skills
• Ability to work under pressure
• Ability to work on own or in teams
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
• Previous kitchen experience in similar role
• Intermediate food hygiene
• Immediate start
• We’ll respond within two weeks if you’ve been successful with your application
• You’ll be invited for an interview, followed by a trial shift
• In line with the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must have the eligibility to live and work in the United Kingdom.
• Documentation is required at interview stage (for EU Nationals share code requested to check EU Settled/Pre-Settled status)