Job Title: Building Services Engineer Location: Waterbeach, Cambridge (office), projects within 1-hour commute Business Area: Regional Build - Eastern
Our Eastern region within Regional Build is currently looking to recruit a Building Services Engineer to report to the Building Services Manager on projects between Cambridge and Norfolk. Job responsibilities
- Support work to determine the required planning capacity, capability and competency of staff for the project(s)
- Support the winning of contracts while minimising risk and maximising gross profit.
What do we need from you?
- Establish and maintain the best relationship with the client, through and beyond construction, to satisfactory completion, and to deliver improved value to the client and company.
- Support the process of preparing (including post-tender activities), validating, adjudication and final submission of tenders on time and to the required quality
- Manage the process of developing the building services solution(s) in order to meet or exceed customers' requirements.
- Support the commercial relationships with customers, consultants, contractors and subcontractors during the tender and fulfilment processes
- Support the handover of the project plan (PEP) to the fulfilment team (procurement, contract management, commercial management and project management)
- Support the project team(s) to fulfil contracts safely, on time, and to the required quality while minimising costs.
- Implement and comply with Kier Group's SHE policy and procedures, all legal requirements, and best practice within the business unit and areas
- Support the achievement of the annual financial budget (operating profit) for the business unit
- Provide regular, accurate, consolidated reports and forecasts for the business unit and Kier Group
What will you receive?
- NVQ/HND/HNC/CIBSE or equivalent qualifications
- Computer literate
- Ability to meet deadlines and work well under pressure
- Be able to motivate yourself and others
- Experience of working within a construction environment is essential
- Commercially aware
Being part of Kier means living our values of being collaborative, trusted and focused. We all have the potential to shape our world, and it's through these values that we will leave a lasting legacy. Bring your talent and ambition to Kier and you will be given the scope and opportunity to invest in your own future, to build your expertise and contribute to a rich and diverse culture. You can also expect a competitive salary and an outstanding package that includes a company car or allowance, private healthcare, a matched pension scheme up to 7.5%, 26 days' annual leave (with the opportunity to buy or sell holiday), two employee Share Scheme options, together with additional valuable benefits such as:
- Free Life Assurance
- Access to a range of attractive Flexible benefit
- options to tailor your package to suit your lifestyles
- Flexible and Agile working (dependent on your role)
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Access to Kier Rewards, our exclusive Discount
- Shopping Site with deals available at over 800 retailers
- Plus many more benefits geared to your wellbeing.
It's worth remembering that we'll undertake the relevant/ standard employment checks if you're successful in the selection process. This includes taking up your references, as well as checking your ID, driving licence (if appropriate) and your right to work in the UK. Some roles may also be subject to further pre-employment checks. Make the journey. Leave a legacy.
Being part of Kier means living our values of being Collaborative, Trusted and Focused. We all have the potential to shape our world, and it's through these values that we will leave a lasting legacy. Kier is an inclusive employer Closing Date: 30/05/2021