We have an exciting opportunity to recruit a Building Services Manager to join our high-performing Pre-construction team in the North West. Willmott Dixon is driven by quality and customer service and to this day we remain family owned and take pride in our core values. We are passionate about people and have a real focus and drive around continuous development; this has been proven by our 5th placed ranking in the 'Times Top 100' best companies to work, Times Top 50 employers for women 2020 as well as our platinum award for 'Investing In People'. Having the right talent, coupled with the right culture and values, ensures that we have a sustained future, a trusted brand and offer a career of a lifetime!
The successful Building Services Manager will manage the preconstruction phase through the tender and design development period and ensure the production of high quality information and accurate costs.
Reporting to the Pre-Construction Manager, you will work alongside our Pre-con team and carry out technical reviews of tender documents, liaise with the estimating team and adjust designs accordingly, supply chain co-ordination and oversee all service handovers between the preconstruction and delivery team to ensure a technically and contractually compliant services tender. This is an exciting role which will see you working across several projects simultaneously and also be the go to MEP expert for your projects.
You will be based in our Oldham office but we also know that work isn't the only important aspect of your life so we are happy to support flexible, agile and working from home wherever possible.
- Manage the complete qualitative, technical and commercial appraisal of services tenders across the team, in conjunction with other team members.
- Identify equal and approved services solutions for inclusion in tenders.
- Ensure technical appraisals of the services design to ensure compliance on all projects.
- Design gap analysis (Building Services)
- Supply Chain Coordination
- Attend meetings such as tender launch meeting, mid tender reviews/interview and tender adjudications
- Oversee all service handovers between the preconstruction and delivery team to ensure a technically and contractually compliant services tender.
- Constantly reinforce and deliver our customer first ethic.
- Appropriate CSCS card.
- Valid driving licence.
- Appropriate managerial experience in the services sector.
- Understanding of all relevant M&E and services legislation.
- Commercial acumen.
- Proficient use of and Microsoft suite of Office programmes; inc. Excel, Word, Outlook.
- A variety of M&E projects in a wide range of sectors.
- Minimum relevant level 4 qualification (HNC / NVQ4 etc).
- Design/ Estimating experience.
- Working towards MCIOB / CIBSE.
- Having a can-do attitude, even when it is hard going
- Keeping it real - be genuine and straightforward in your dealings with people
- Take ownership, be accountable and make things happen
- Find solutions and practical ways to overcome barriers
- Think on feet and use initiative
- Well-presented and effective at communication
- Listening, learning and sharing to drive improvement
- Strive to astonish our customer
- Leading by example and taking responsibility
- Working collaboratively to achieve results
- Recognising and respecting others
- Working as one team
In return we offer:
We reward our people generously with a competitive package that gives you flexible benefits to fit your lifestyle and priorities. This includes but is not limited to, an enhanced pension scheme, discounted or full private medical, life assurance, incentive bonus and a car scheme which will make us a market leader in sustainable company travel. Applicable roles will benefit from a motoring expenditure allowance (MEA) and everyone can access a new generation of low carbon and electric cars via the Willmott Dixon run car leasing scheme.
At Willmott Dixon we provide an inclusive and flexible working environment for people to thrive in and we are happy to support agile working wherever possible.
We are a proud member of the Disability Confident Scheme.
With over 160 years of rich history, Willmott Dixon's purpose is beyond profit; delivering brilliant buildings, transforming lives, strengthening communities and enhancing the environment so our world is fit for future generations. Ensuring that we add lasting value to the neighbourhoods we work in; our values, people, innovation, partnerships and focus on sustainability has allowed us to build a successful and solid privately owned business where our people can thrive within.
Construction is changing and we are at the forefront of that change. Pioneering new ways to build, innovating the way construction is viewed and establishing ourselves as one of the top employers in any industry. It truly is an amazing company in one of the most exciting industries with a vast array of professional career paths
Adding to that our numerous people awards, we understand everyone has a unique potential and ability to make a difference and succeed; if you want your skills developed and talent recognised, why not join our business!