Are you looking for a new challenge that will provide you with an opportunity to be involved in ensuring the conservation and operational maintenance of a broad range of buildings, such as commercial property, administrative offices, and buildings of architectural or historic importance?
We are looking for an enthusiastic and qualified building surveyor with estimating and contract management skills.
As the Building Surveyor, you will be self-disciplined and flexible with a passion for operating as part of a small but busy team ensuring our customer needs are consistently met. Other skills and knowledge include:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent experience in a construction related discipline
- Suitable experience in building/project management/surveying
- Strong communication skills both written and oral
- Ability to work under pressure and to strict deadlines
- Understanding of budgetary controls
About the role…
As the Building Surveyor, you'll complete detailed reports, within which you'll identify defects and advise on repair, maintenance, and restoration options. You will be responsible for implementing preventative measures to keep buildings in good condition and look for ways to make buildings sustainable. Other duties include:
- Manage a set portfolio of property which will change from time-to-time ensuring that it complies with all statutory requirements including Health and Safety, Inspections andthe requirements of the Construction Design and Management Regulations
- Provide professional and technical support to other members of the team when requested.
- Manage the property portfolio and projects within agreed budgets
- Provide such information as may be required by the public or external organisations with regard to land, buildings and utilities within the property portfolio.
- Manage ‘temporary’ staff as required
The Building Surveyor interviews will be held week commencing 18th July 2022. Please be advised this could be subject to change, in which case we will give appropriate notice.
Whilst the base for this post is Oakham, Rutland, the Local Authority offers a hybrid working practice.
We will be reviewing applications on a regular basis and inviting those who meet our essential person specification criteria to interview. If you’re interested in this role, we strongly encourage you to apply without delay.
Find out more:
To learn more about working with us visit https://jobs.rutland.gov.uk or if you have any queries about this role please contact Lewis Hopcroft on 07824 499229 or at email@example.com.
How to apply:
Click on the apply button which will redirect you to the Jobs Go Public (JGP site) where we handle all of our vacancies. If you already have a JGP account you will be asked to login, or alternatively if you don’t have an account you will be guided through the set up process. Access to an account is necessary as all updates regarding your application will be sent via the JGP site to the email you have registered.
If you are experiencing problems or have any queries about the application process please call us on 01572 758428 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be aware that in the event of a high volume of applications, we may close this vacancy before the advertised closing date.
All recruitment correspondence, including interview details, will be sent out via email from the Jobs Go Public site. If you require documentation/correspondence in an alternative format, please contact the Recruitment team.
Rutland County Council is committed to Equality and Diversity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. Everyone at Rutland County Council has a responsibility for, and is committed to, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of Children, Young People and Vulnerable Adults and for ensuring that they are protected from harm.
Our offer to you:
We offer work that makes a difference to people’s lives, a safe working environment; structured salary reviews; generous annual leave entitlement plus 8 days paid bank holidays; local government pension scheme; occupational health service and flexible working policies to enable you to balance work and home commitments.
Rutland County Council encourages a healthy work life balance, and we welcome discussions regarding flexible working.