We have fantastic, flexible part-time opportunities in Birmigham Central for individuals interested in becoming a National Express Bus Driver, connecting our customers and being part of providing fantastic customer service that National Express is known for.
Whether you are at the beginning of your career, looking for a different line of work or simply searching for a new challenge, becoming a National Express Bus Driver may be the right job for you. (We also offer training to those interested without a PCV licence)
We have part-time shifts available for up to 32 hours per week working across Thursday to Sunday.
8 hours per day between 04:00 - 01:00
You can work all 4 days (Thurs / Fri / Sat / Sun)
Or you can work 2 out of 4 / 3 out of 4 of the above days to suit your availability
We have exciting opportunities for individuals interested in joining our family. Our Bus Driver Academy will help you maintain and gain new skills and knowledge needed to succeed as a National Express Bus Driver. Experienced National Express PCV instructors will guide you through your career, providing support, training and development to help you reach your potential.
Our extensive training and development offerings include:
CPC and continuous training to ensure you keep your hard earned qualifications
Free medicals as well as being paid for your time to undertake necessary medicals for CPC renewal
Extensive route learning and vehicle familiarisation before you hit the road for the first time
Company specific training such as ticket machines, processes, systems, defensive driving, disability awareness and much more
Endless opportunities for progression within the business including our award winning Master Driver Programme (including free IAM membership)!
By joining our garages you will learn from one of our many Master Drivers and Driver Training Assessors. As a Bus Driver you will be supported in all parts of the job, preparing you to start your new challenge in the transportation industry. You will learn all necessary driving rules and regulations, health and safety elements of the Bus Driver role as well as how to provide outstanding customer service to our passengers.
What we offer in return for your hard work and commitment:
- £10.87 per hour rising to £12.16 after 2 years of service and £13.73 after 5 years of service
- Free Bus travel for you and your partner as well as free nationwide National Express coach travel for you, and 50% off for up to 4 family members!
- Free uniform provided for your role including safety shoes
- Great company pension with life assurance included
- Paid annual leave
- Variety of shifts with various working hours
- A variety of deals and discounts via NX online portal including travel, days out, cinema, mobile, car and many more
- Access to our award winning Health Buzz; providing free and accessible health checks to fit around your schedule
- Employee Assistance Programme
- The opportunity to join sports and social clubs as well as discounted gym membership at over 3,000 gyms across the UK
- To reward you for your dedication, we offer fantastic long service awards at key milestones.
To apply for this role you will need to hold a full PCV Licence with no more than 6 penalty points or driving bans. An up to date CPC (driver qualification card) qualification would be a benefit. We're looking for drivers who enjoy working with people to provide excellent customer care!