We have fantastic opportunities across the Birmingham area of the West Midlands for experienced PCV Bus Drivers to join our welcoming and talented team. Successful applications will benefit from a joining bonus of up to *£2,500.
As a Professional Bus Driver with National Express West Midlands, you will be providing our customers with an outstanding level of service, whilst safely transporting and connecting them across the West Midlands.
We’ve currently got opportunities in the following garages and our fantastic teams can’t wait to welcome you onboard:
- Acocks Green
- Birmingham Central
- Yardley Wood
- Perry Barr
What you'll need...
- A Valid UK PCV licence (Category D)
- An ability to provide outstanding customer service
- A flexible approach to work, working on a variable shift pattern
Our extensive training and development programmes include:
- CPC and continuous training to ensure you keep your hard earned qualifications
- Free medicals as well as being paid for your time to undertake necessary medicals for CPC renewal
- In depth route learning and vehicle familiarisation before you hit the road for the first time
- Company specific training company specific training in defensive driving, disability awareness, operating ticket machines and other company processes and systems.
- Our award winning Master Driver Programme (including free IAM membership)
What we offer in return for your hard work and commitment:
- A welcome bonus of £1,000 once you commence at your garage and a further £1,500 after 12 months of service*
- £10.876 per hour rising to £12.16 after 2 years of service and £13.73 after 5 years of service
- Guaranteed 38 hours of work per week (overtime available) and 21 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- A National Express West Midlands bus pass for yourself and your partner
- A National Express Coach pass for yourself and family discounts
- A smart comfortable uniform
- A Company pension
- Exclusive benefits and savings from thousands of the UK's largest retailers and service providers
- Free access to our award winning Health Bus; providing free and accessible health checks
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme, which includes free counselling and further support to improve your health and wellbeing
- An opportunity to take part in our Cycle to work scheme
- Sports and social clubs to join with payment plans available spread across the year as well as discounted gym membership at over 3,000 gyms across the UK