Job Title: Business Analyst
Location: Remote working with expectation of 1-2 days per week in the Bristol office hub
Compensation: £37,000 - £45,835 + pension (matched up to 8%) + 25 days holiday
Role Type: Permanent
We have an exciting career opportunity within our growing business analysis team for a confident and dynamic individual looking for a challenging and rewarding role.
As part of the Digital Solutions team within Babcock Naval Nuclear you'll form part of an amazing, diverse and inclusive team of talented people that provide specialist knowledge management and technical expertise on a range of interesting products, technologies and collaborative solutions that support both our internal and external Royal Navy customers.
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for a personable and professional Business Analyst with proven working experience in modelling business information and using design tools. You'll be adaptable, un-phased by changing priorities, actively seeking new knowledge and enjoy a challenge with a full on schedule of varied and interesting projects.
What will you be doing?
* Leading small to medium scale projects within a variety of transformation programmes delivering solutions for all aspects of complex asset management
* Delivering detailed requirements, solutions and functional specifications
* Modelling business information and delivering system design documentation
* Developing strong customer relationships based on confidence and trust
* Collaborating with the technical architecture team in the development of system architecture design and documentation
* Supporting the Project Managers with delivery management of projects
The experience you'll bring
* An education to degree level in an IT related discipline, BCS Business Analysis qualifications or proven working experience
* Entity relationship and class modelling (UML or Ellis-Barker notation)
* Mapping 'AS-IS' and 'TO-BE' business process models
* Detailed requirements capture and requirements management
* Experience of the full SDLC within waterfall and/or agile software delivery projects including writing user stories and acceptance criteria
* A general interest in the application of IT solutions to resolve business problems is advantageous
What a role with Babcock Digital Solutions offers?
* 25 days holiday + 8 days bank holidays
* Pension Plan
* A tailored personal development plan and mentor
* Employee Share plan
* Free Independent Employee assistance programme (offering support and counselling 24 hours a day, 7 days a week)
* Access to make a difference for a sustainable environment for future
* Trusted and empowered to deliver and be your best
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability, and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure, and specialist training.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. Click apply to find out more.
All applications should be made online.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Please follow the link when you apply to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants.