Join us as a Business Analyst
- Take on a critical role supporting the bank to achieve customer advocacy by eliciting and understanding the internal and external customer needs
- You'll be designing the operating model for new a Financial Crime In Life due diligence solution across all franchises, ensuring consistency with the current model and Financial Crime strategy
- It’s a great chance to hit the ground running, take advantage of our development opportunities, and advance your career
What you'll do
In your new role, you’ll be producing business requirements to inform future state design, supporting teams in understanding the requirements and their linkages to the overall domain strategy. We'll look to you to run workshops with key business stakeholders to understand the current organisation structure and operating model to identifying gaps to the proposed structure and model.
In addition, you’ll be utilising your specialist knowledge and experience of business areas, products and systems to ensure effective and innovative solution design. You’ll be identifying the wider business impact and inter-dependencies across key outputs and processes.
You’ll also be:
- Capturing, validating and documenting business and system requirements and making sure that they’re in line with key strategic principles
- Interacting with customers, key stakeholders and the team to obtain and document functional and non-functional needs
- Analysing existing system documentation to summarise existing system functionality as it relates to the work at hand
- Supporting the identification of team priorities based upon feedback from the customers, key stakeholders and the team
The skills you'll need
We're looking for someone with experience of successfully designing and implementing organisation and operating model changes, and ideally this will have been within a Financial Crime domain.
You’ll need to hold an appropriate business analyst certification, such as BAX, CPRE and CBAP. Additionally, you’ll have an analytical mindset, with strong organisational skills and the ability to prioritise your work.
You’ll also need:
- Knowledge of micro-service and Pega, with a Pega Certified Business Architect accreditation
- Good knowledge of customer due diligence, with a strong business process background
- A solid background working in an Agile or DevOps environment
- Experience of applying business analysis tools and techniques
- A good understanding of Agile values, principles and methodologies with experience of working within an Agile environment
- Good communication skills, with the ability to communicate complex technical concepts clearly to your peers and management level colleagues
- Good collaboration and stakeholder management skills