Base Location: Hampshire - New Forest Depot
Salary: £31,972 - £42,224 plus car/car allowance depending on skills and experience.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time
About the Department
Operations are responsible for keeping the lights on; we are at the front line on the Network. If we find a fault, it is our responsibility to respond to the fault, and dispatch our skilled teams to fix it as quickly as possible. We work in all hours, and through all weathers, ensuring our customers are never without power.
What is the Role?
Reporting to the Head of Customer Operations this role will be responsible for securing, consolidating , analysing and providing accurate fact-based information relating to the financial
and operational performance of the region to support decision making of the Head of Customer
The main responsibilities of this role will include:
- Review, maintain and improve current controls to meet the day-to-day management requirements while providing relevant information for reporting
- Identify and analyse variances and explore potential problems ahead of reporting deadlines
- Provide a comprehensive overview of finance and productivity KPIs through reports and proactive engagement with the leadership team
- Investigate areas of doubt to completeness and accuracy and validity of information and provide recommendations to improve financial and productivity performance
- Preparation of monthly reporting in a timely and accurate manner and the preparation of monthly and annual budgets and forecasts in line with business plans Compliance
- Ensure practices are in place for verification of internal and external legislative and governance requirements and relevant documentation is stored and managed in accordance with process Standby & Storm Cover
What do I need?
This is a dynamic, challenging role and you will have strong management and organisational skills with experience of managing business plans and budgets to meet financial targets. You will be a team player with excellent decision-making skills and commercial awareness.
You will have an understanding of how a DNO operates and generates revenues and incentives within the current price control period and will have an appreciation of other business functions. A strong understanding of key business and financial metrics and how they are used to drive performance and are calculated are a necessity for this role. A thorough understanding of local business plans and an appreciation of unit cost / financial awareness and sound understanding and experience of working with systems, finance, operational performance and utilisation and reporting are also a must. You will also have IT skills to effectively analyse performance data and deliver formal presentations
Were committed to ensuring we offer our people a great place to work, with competitive salary, contributory pension plan and benefits package. Why not watch our short employee benefits video to see what else is on offer?
All applications should be submitted online however to discuss any adjustments you may require to submit your application please get in touch with Gemma Hume. We'll let you know the outcome of your application after the closing date.
Please be aware if you are successful, you'll be required to complete our pre-employment screening process before joining SSE.
We all have different skills here at SSE and that's what makes us stand out. We all take pride in a job well done and share the belief that an inclusive culture is key to our success and vision for the future. Above all, safety is at the heart of everything we do at SSE and we live by the mantra 'if it's not safe, we don't do it'.
SSE is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.