Business Analyst Location:
Manchester Business Area:
Utilities - Telecoms Contract:
Permanent, Full Time From Telecomms to Power, from Lands' End to John O'Groats.
It's taken a great deal for Kier Group to become one of the UK's Top 3 utility providers. It's taken people like you. Professionals who can help connect, heat and power over 15 million homes and businesses - in a team that works with emerging technologies to maintain 65km of gas pipes and install one million metres of fibre optic cable every year. About the Role
To undertake extensive and complex data analysis functions across multiple delivery streams in order to produce accurate and detailed reports for both internal and external stakeholders. Key Responsibilities
What we need from you: Knowledge & Key Skills Essential:
- Daily PPM Report - Production of the Daily PPM report for outward distribution
- Prepare reports in Excel and PowerBi for internal and external distribution.
- PPM Schedule Update - Accurate and detailed updates to be completed against the customer issued schedule across all operators
- Reactive Fault reporting - Accurate and real time reporting against reactive faults which can be used for financial tracking & budget control purposes.
- Produce, track and trend key performance indicators through data set.
- Combining data from multiple sources
- Design and create data dashboards, graphs and visualisations
- Management Reports - Production of the outline document for the standard monthly, operator specific ORM, MBR & EBR level reports
- Investigative Reports - Supply of data using advanced data analysis tools to produce statistics which will enable operational, commercial or contractual conclusions to be delivered and substantiated.
- Maintain, Create and Design SharePoint website
- Test and verify data sets prior to release with peer and management review
- Issue of automated data sets in order to achieve efficiencies and improve accuracy.
- Ability to write formulas and macros for Excel
- SharePoint site management.
- Ability to interrogate data for errors and mistakes.
- PowerBi experience
- Ability to trend and merge data from multiple sources
- Excellent planning skills
- Good people management skills
What you can expect from us:
- Professional IT qualification
- Database experience
- Web design
- ECM / CPA
You can expect a competitive salary and an outstanding package that includes a matched pension scheme up to 7.5%, 26 days' annual leave (with the opportunity to buy or sell holiday), two employee Share Scheme options, together with additional valuable benefits such as:
- Free Life Assurance
- Flexible and Agile working (dependent on your role)
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Access to Kier Rewards, our exclusive Discount Shopping Site with deals available at over 800 retailers
- Plus, many more benefits geared to your wellbeing
It's worth remembering that if you are successful, we'll undertake the relevant / standard pre-employment checks after you have been offered a job. This includes taking up your references, verifying your right to work in the UK, verifying your driving licence (if applicable) and a health assessment. Some roles may also be subject to further pre-employment checks. Make the journey. Leave a legacy.
Being part of Kier means living our values of being Collaborative, Trusted
. We all have the potential to shape our world, and it's through these values that we will leave a lasting legacy. Bring your talent and ambition to Kier and you will be given the scope and opportunity to invest in your own future, to build your expertise and contribute to a rich and diverse culture. Kier is an inclusive employer. Closing Date:
12/05/2021 Please note, interviews may take place before the closing date, and we reserve the right to close applications early.