Would you like to join a multidisciplinary team that delivers world class safety, health and environmental performance? We currently have a great opportunity for a Business to join our SHE team at BAE Systems Maritime Services based at Portsmouth Naval Base for a 12 month period.
As a key member of the SHE Function, you will work closely and collaboratively with the business on a digital transformation journey for SHE and Occupational Health software systems and tool sets. This includes leading our major enhancement journey from reporting to using data analytics in BI tools to provide insight and business intelligence to inform our SHE decisions.
This role will provide you with the opportunity to work on a busy Naval Base and the opportunity to progress within a business with a growing digital services demand.
Your main responsibilities as will involve:
- Developing and implementing new capabilities of the SHE business systems and IT tools, and transitioning from current reporting capability to an intelligence led data analytics system.
- To explore new technologies and challenging current thinking to support new ways of smarter working to achieve the aims of the department and the business by exploitation of automated reporting capability and dashboard capability.
- Analyse stakeholder objectives, collate and translate user requirements and wish lists ("As is" and "To Be") into tangible development specifications.
- Analysis of the impact of changes to existing systems and the addition of new systems on the information solution environment, related devices, processes, procedures, end users and data.
- Production of configuration managed documentation and to develop business process diagrams including analysis and documentation of system and user requirements including use cases.
- Support acceptance activities, working closely with test and release functions to ensure that solution acceptance criteria are met.
Your skills and qualifications as an Information and Data Management Solutions advisor:
- ITIL certification (desired but not essential)
- Project management
- Process Design or Improvement
- Technical knowledge of software delivery process. Engage with project manager to update documentation and to ensure project delivery is achieved.
- Process mapping
- BI Tool / Dashboard (especially Tableau)
What we're looking for in you:
- Excellent stakeholder management and building customer relationships
- Proven experience working with information and data solutions software and digital transformation in a large organisation
- Experience of change management
Benefits: Our employees receive an excellent benefits package which includes a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. We also offer a range of additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and many local and national employee discounts. Some employees may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
Join us and help to define the future of global maritime defence capabilities. With approximately 3,500 employees based at five UK locations and revenue of £600million, we pride ourselves on employing the best professionals around and offer significant opportunities for committed employees to learn and grow with us. Our people are encouraged to be as creative as they can be and are always looking at ways to develop and challenge the way we do things, identifying and prioritising continuous improvement activities across the business
With our international programmes and core support to the Ministry of Defence, you could find yourself working on the iconic Queen Elizabeth Class aircraft carriers, Type 45 Destroyers, Type 23 Frigates, Type 26 Global Combat Ships, Hunt Class Mine Countermeasure Vessels, Offshore Patrol Vessels, historic ships and more. Our highly skilled teams design, develop, support and maintain a wide range of complex equipment. This includes Spearfish, one of the most powerful and capable wire guided torpedoes on the market. Currently undergoing a major upgrade programme, Spearfish will soon benefit from further sophisticated advances in its homing, warheads, tactical and fuelling systems, as well an upgraded guidance link. Then there's Artisan, the 3D radar that can identify a target the size of a tennis ball, travelling at a speed of more than 2000 miles an hour more than 25 kilometres away!
Join us and the projects you'll be involved in will form the backbone of the Royal Navy for decades to come. You'll be part of something important; something you can be proud of.
We recognise that an inclusive and diverse workplace - where all employees feel respected, valued and able to achieve their full potential - is vitally important. Not only does it inspire creativity and collaboration, it's good for business. We celebrate our differences and believe our diverse skills, abilities and perspectives strengthen our culture and our overall performance.
We welcome applications from all suitably qualified people.
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and/or your place of birth may limit those roles that you can perform for the organisation.
Due to the volume of applications we receive, we sometimes close our vacancies early. It is therefore advisable to apply as early as possible if you would like to be considered for a role with BAE Systems.