About the role
Here at Babcock International we're looking to recruit a Business Co-Ordinator.
You will be responsible and accountable to the Head of Operations (Sultan) for the efficient delivery of administrative support and general office management specifically to the headquarter team and where required to the remainder of the site. You will also be responsible for delivering efficiencies in business processes, managing the supply and storage of administrative materials, supporting all staff in line with Company standards and contractual requirements within defined areas of responsibility.
Other duties will include:
- Maintain office services by organising office operations and procedures, controlling internal and external correspondence, designing and managing filing systems, reviewing and submitting supply requisitions and providing clerical functions.
- Provide administrative support directly to the Senior Leadership Team and demonstrate continuous improvement by delivering efficiencies in the administrative processes enabling a more effective utilisation of working time - identifying further tasks that could be delivered from within this role.
- Monitor and provide information to the Recruitment Tracker, coordinate departmental reports and assist in management of the Sultan Quality Management System (QMS)
- Be the initial Point of Contact (PoC) for all external and customer visitors and be responsible for ensuring they are picked up from the main gate, escorted where necessary around the site and ensuring exit protocols are complied with.
- Co-ordinate the process for security clearances ensuring the appropriate levels of clearance are maintained for contractual compliance.
- Book venues and take minutes as directed by the Sultan Management team.
- Provide a booking service in conjunction with the customer and Training Plans for all Conference and Meeting room requirements, including the provision of refreshments for specifically requested Company events, liaising with the on site Catering contractor for larger occasions if necessary.
What do I need to do the role?
You'll need Level 3 or equivalent in English, strong administrative and organisation skills with a high degree of integrity and IT literate with a good working knowledge of MS Office packages to manipulate data accordingly and to present statistical information.
What else do I need to know?
* The successful candidate must be able to achieve the appropriate security clearance level for this role.
* We are happy to talk about flexible working. Please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
About Babcock International
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure and specialist training.
We're committed to providing a great employee experience in a supportive and engaging environment. The benefits you can expect to enjoy include a generous holiday entitlement, competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance and a share ownership scheme. You'll benefit from excellent career and learning and development opportunities to ensure that you grow and achieve your full potential.
All applications should be made online. Please use a desktop PC or laptop to create your account and apply for a job. Once you've completed this you'll be able to apply to jobs from mobile devices. If you experience difficulties please check our career website for more information. Recruitment correspondence is normally by email so please check your email account and spam folder regularly. We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strives to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know and we will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. We recognise the value that Serving Personnel, both Regular and Reserves, Veterans, Uniformed Cadet Instructors and Service Families contribute to our business and the United Kingdom. As part of the Covenant, Babcock offers Reservists and Uniformed Cadet Instructors up to 2 week's special paid leave to help them meet their commitments. To find out more please check our career website for more information.