Here at O2, we're about technology that creates new and exciting experiences. It's why there are over 25 million people who choose to live life on O2.
Being part of Telefonica, one of the world's most innovative digital companies, we're able to open up all sorts of possibilities - not just for customers, but for the people who work for us, too.
Great benefits. Generous rewards. High-quality training. Ongoing career development. Flexible working. These are just some of the reasons we attract great talent.
Our inclusive approach to recruitment helps us be a true reflection of our customers and their communities. That's why everybody's welcome at O2 - it's time to get everyone in the room.About the team
Through its large customer base and unique insight tools, the O2 Business Division has the opportunity to enhance its capabilities and grow through the utilisation and monetization of real audience insights and intelligent data analytics. Working within the wider O2 Business Division, the Data & Insights Product Team has the remit to define the O2 Business Division data strategy, and drive sustainable growth using data, whether through new products, platforms or capabilities.Your role
This is an opportunity for someone who has experience of working with data to create new products and services to grow in both existing and unlock new sectors. Leading a team of ~13 people, the focus of the role will be on identifying new market opportunities and building products accordingly, as well as optimising the existing suite of data products in the O2 Business Division portfolio. O2 works with some of the largest and most innovative organisations in the UK, many of whom are constantly looking at how they can better understand their customers or citizens. This is a role for someone who has an insatiable appetite to meet that demand.
The successful candidate will be someone who can lead and motivate a team of commercial and technical people, has a deep understanding of the data landscape and can communicate that understanding in a simple and easily understood way. A clear understanding of how to manage a portfolio of products is vital as well as being able to work with stakeholders ranging from sales, customers, agencies and partners.
You should also be able to understand, create and exploit the natural opportunities to form total customers solutions by ensuring Business data products work with other products sets such as IoT, 5G etc.
This is an exciting time for the Data & Insights Team, who have an incredible opportunity to understand and productise the incredibly rich data assets that O2 and Telefonica have, and there is no doubt that this role will be a key player in the fastest growing area within O2 UK. Responsibilities
- Develop a compelling vision and strategy for O2 UK's Business Division's data and analytic products, underpinned by market insight and a robust commercial understanding.
- Develop a clear, pragmatic and deliverable data product roadmap to ensure that the most critical capabilities and the products with the biggest commercial opportunities are prioritised, while existing products are optimised
- Manage the team to deliver that pipeline of products within agreed timescales and budgets.
- Work with the Data & Insights sales teams to move towards a more product-led strategy, away from bespoke solution sales.
- Lead, manage and motivate a high performing team to deliver new products and services.
- Manage a capex, opex and cost of sale budgets
- Manage the overall relationship with a range of stakeholders from Business division leadership to consultants, agencies, offshore development teams and partners.
- Work with marketing and sales teams to communicate to customers the benefits of O2 UK's Business Division Data and Insights products.
- Manage a team of data scientists to ensure crucial operation work around the O2 UK data ecosystem is carried out to a high standard.
- Identify and initiate strategic partnerships and long term market opportunities.
- Identify and work with key stakeholders in the wider business to put in place the enabling capabilities that underpin our data strategy.
- Work closely with Telefonica Group to leverage their products and data capabilities.
- Work with key programmes e.g. 5G, IoT, Accelerate O2, Business Destination to identify data needs and opportunities and incorporate into their roadmaps.
- Identify data related startups within Wayra accelerators that we should be leveraging or partnering with.
- First and foremost a leader who can motivate and inspire a team of highly skilled, diverse people all of whom are passionate about data
- Strong and authentic communication, stakeholder management and collaboration with internal and external audiences to C-level
- An understanding of data assets available to Telco's is a plus
- An understanding of data analytics, data modelling/mining and some experience of how to fully utilise common data analytics and data science tools including SQL, Python, Tableau, sparkML, Zeppelin
- Track record of leading large-scale change and innovation via direct and matrix teams
- Experience of product and innovation developments utilising data (preferably in the B2B space)
- Thought leadership and gravitas in the subject of value creation from data
- Experience of working in partnership with large, small, public and private sectors orgs
- Knowledge of the legal, regulatory, customer and technical context for data and privacy
- Able to evaluate opportunities objectively based-on strategic & financial criteria
- Able to identify and address resource/capability gaps
- Strong polymath, assimilation and listening skills to make good business decisions quickly
- Familiarity with utilising cloud based data environments would be an advantage
- Familiarity with agile ways of working and associated tools such as Jira would be an advantage
Grade - PCGS
We're looking to pay a competitive salary (depending on experience) for this position. We also offer plenty of extras to sweeten the deal, which could include things like bonuses, life assurance cover, health care and lots of flexible benefits.
We also believe a great work-life balance is important, so we're open to considering part-time and flexible approaches to working. Like to know more, feel free to raise it.
If you have any questions around the role then please email ResourceTUK@o2.com who will be happy to help.