Our Customer Services business leads the way in providing exemplary customer service to an exclusively public sector customer. Trusted by over 30 Government departments and public bodies to deliver customer engagement and complex case management to UK citizens on their behalf, we employ over 12,000 Advisers across our state of the art omni-channel Contact Centres and homeworking through our Serco@Home model - more than any other provider in the UK. Together, these Advisers respond to over 64 customer enquiries a minute on our clients' behalf, in what is often a demanding and high-pressured environment, we proud to be the partner of choice to Cabinet Office, the Department of Health & Social Care, and the Department for Work & Pensions.
We are on a high energy, fast growth journey to deliver market leading customer services. Thanks to our service excellence and our investment in digital technologies we've have grown exponentially and there is room for more! To ensure our success we are now seeking a high calibre Business Development Director to focus on our critical pre-procurement activities for major strategically important key opportunities.
In this newly created role, you'll shape and develop our business development pipeline for opportunities at least 1-5 years in advance of procurement. Our Customer Services exit pipeline targets a value of £1.1Bn.to build and prospect a new pipeline of high impact opportunities.
You'll lead on the development of key opportunities from conception (for both new business and re-bid) through to Gate 0- Gate 2, handing over a detailed Capture Plan to the sector's bidding team. More specifically, your key deals and focus will be on opportunities that will generate growth of > £50m TCV.
You'll also play a key role in helping to develop our overall proposition, ensuring we invest in the new capabilities and services we need to continue to grow our business.
What you'll need to do the role:
Our work is predominately public sector focussed and so you'll need to have worked closely with Central & Local Government clients, industry consultants and influencers. You'll ideally have excellent industry knowledge to develop a reputation as an influencer in Customer Services; Contact Centres or BPO Outsourcing. We are equally keen to hear from those who have experience within Health or Utilities.
You'll be able to talk confidently about your successful track record in business development/sales. Lastly, you'll have the influencing and communication skills you'll need to work with high level client stakeholders, internal teams and industry consultants.
- Meaningful and vital work: As well as being central to our plans for growing our already successful business, you'll be involved in work that helps to deliver essential services that touch the lives of 000's of people every week.
- A world of opportunity: This is a new role that you'll be able to put your stamp on from day one;
- Great people: Citizen Services contains some of the most vibrant and friendly teams within our business. So as well as the support you'll get from them you'll also receive all the training and progression opportunities you'd expect from a FTSE 250 company
What we offer:
- A competitive Salary and up to 6% contributory pension scheme, plus company car & annual bonus
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays, plus the chance to buy more with our Annual Leave Purchase Scheme
- Serco discounts which include cinema, Merlin Entertainment and online shopping discounts, cycle to work scheme and discounts on mobile phone plans and leisure centre memberships
- Flexible/agile working environments
- The chance to make a real positive impact and difference to public sector services at a company passionate about diversity and inclusion.
What to do next ..
Our employees are #sercoandproud. We offer a diverse and unique platform on which you can build on your career and develop your own skills and experience, if this sounds like it could be the next step in your career journey, apply today and upload a copy of your CV and covering
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play, from caring for vulnerable people to managing complex public services. We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world in areas including defence, transport, justice, immigration, healthcare and citizen services. We are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
By joining Serco you will have unlimited access to our Global Employee Networks - SercoInspire (Gender), SercoEmbrace (Multicultural), SercoUnlimited (Disability) and In@Serco (LGBT & Networks). Serco Employee Networks, led by colleagues who are passionate about diversity, inclusion and belonging.
Please click on the apply button to complete your application. Occasionally we receive a large volume of applications for our roles and when that happens we sometimes bring the closing date forward, so please apply promptly to avoid disappointment.
We're a Disability Confident employer and are committed to equal opportunities. If you have any additional queries, requirements or you need more time to apply, then please contact our recruitment team directly on 0345 010 4000. Disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the job will be given the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at an interview.
Serco supports fair access to employment for those with unspent criminal convictions through the Ban the Box' pledge (some may be exempt due to the nature of the role and the security clearance required).