Reporting into the Managing Director you will support the business by achievement of agreed targets. 80% new business 20% retention focus.
You will work to support the team in new bids for both events and venue listings and deliver the P&G/ Levy /LVP marketing communications plan to the customer base.
Delivering a new business revenue target and the P&G annual agreed targets.
London's Original Events Caterers. Since 1786 Payne & Gunter been the makers of English hospitality in all its quirky glory, fine venues, characterful dining and impeccable delivery.
Our unique events and quality catering make for an unforgettable experience. What we'll give:
Business Development Manager
More about the role:
- £40,000 per annum, 40 hours per week
- Compass exclusive offers on PerksAtWork
- Access to a wide range of programs to train and develop you
- Pension contribution
- Eyecare vouchers
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
Who you are:
- Develop Account relationships from market segment focus clients, ensuring profitable revenue growth levels year on year
- The liaison and go to for the listed venues
- Management of these relationships
- Identify and develop business into P&G
- Contribute to the delivery of the P&G sales strategy
- Sales reporting to the agreed process and standard
- Undertake business reviews as and when agreed with customers to review market share, management information, action plans and joint customer activities
- Assist in promoting and increasing revenue through the central Sales Team
- Organise and attend a number of agreed corporate familiarisation visits to create awareness of P&G and the listed venues
- Liaise and network to increase current market share from the preferred partnership programs if applicable with a clear focus for P&G
- Working account plans are in place for all accounts where applicable
- Ensure annual sales targets & KPI's are achieved
- To deal professionally with any customer complaints from corporate clients
- Communication - Ensure all relevant venues are aware of relevant sales activity and carry out actions accordingly
Who we are:
- At least 3 years' experience in a sales role within the industry.
- London banqueting experience
- Enthusiastic, motivational, someone who strives for excellence
- Someone who takes the initiative and drives for results
- Has a recognized and verified list of key customer contacts
- Sets high personal performance standards
- Organized, able to make robust judgments and prioritise
- Honest, transparent and consistent
- Gain and hold the respect of others
- Have a flexible approach with a can do attitude
- A good track record of driving world class performance
- Strong commercial experience
- Ability to monitor and challenge the use of processes
- Excellent presentation, communication and relationship building skills
- Be passionate about food, beverage and service
As part of Compass, you have the opportunity to work behind the scenes at sports and leisure events, oilrigs and military bases, and in the heart of schools, hospitals, care homes, client offices and boardrooms - some 6,000+ locations across the UK and Ireland.
We do it all and so could you. Apply now and join the family!
Levy Restaurants UK is the sports, leisure and hospitality sector of Compass Group UK and Ireland and British partner to Levy Restaurants US. A hospitality market leader, Levy Restaurants provides individual character to each of its clients through focusing on delicious food, great atmosphere and legendary service.
We are an equal opportunity employer, we celebrate diversity and are committed to building an inclusive environment for all employees.
Please note that we reserve the right to remove this advert prior to the advertised date, dependent on the level of response received. You are therefore advised to apply at your earliest convenience.