Business Development Manager - Seafreight | United Kingdom | GB11634
We are looking for a talented Business Development Manager to be based from our Dartford Branch with a specific focus on the growth of our Sea freight business. If you are looking to join a successful, established and growing team and you have real determination, ambition and a strong track record of driving improvement and value for customers, then we would be interested in talking to you.
With our help you'll be able to put all that energy and drive to great use in an exciting and varied role, doing everything from profiling, developing and winning significant new business to managing the retention and development of an existing Customer portfolio - all the while supported by a national team of subject matter experts.
- Pipeline management, external sales visits (conducting client presentations) and assistance with tenders within your nominated portfolio.
- Establish and develop a strong internal network and engage with internal stakeholders to ensure success on new business and retention and growth of existing portfolio.
- Identify new opportunities and conduct telesales calls to ensure new/existing business appointments are closed to hit targets; ensure prompt follow up and recording of quotations and keep our CRM tool up to date with activities and opportunities.
- Complete the on-boarding process for all customers.
- Actively plan and co-ordinate your local area sales strategy, ensuring consistent and regular contact is maintained with existing and potential Customers.
- Portfolio Management - understanding our Customer's needs and provide solutions which meet their requirements in order to retain and grow our portfolio.
YOUR SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES
- Strong face-to-face/telephone sales experience and superb customer service skills.
- Proven track record in business to business and face to face sales and developing sales leads, preferably experience gained within a medium/large Forwarder.
- Experience of working within a targeted new business environment (you'll need strong administration and proactive time management and forward planning skills as well) and experience managing pipelines and existing customer portfolio's.
- Logistics sales experience is preferable as would good working knowledge of the freight and logistics industry.
- Excellent communication skills and networking skills (getting to know your internal stakeholders is just as important), coupled with great organisational and administrative skills.
- Full Driving Licence ( you'll need to travel to see customers and to meetings).
GOOD REASON TO JOIN
We are offering a market leading sales incentive plan for ambitious and driven candidates who are able to demonstrate a passion and talent for business development. Not only is our salary competitive - our commission is uncapped! You'll also have opportunities for training, development and progression (if that's what you want). There's also a company car, 23 days holiday plus bank holidays, life assurance (3 x salary), private medical insurance and a contributory pension plan.
ABOUT KUEHNE + NAGEL
With over 82,000 employees at some 1,300 locations in over 100 countries, the Kuehne + Nagel Group is one of the world's leading logistics companies.
As an employer, Kuehne + Nagel stands for equal opportunity and we are committed to diversity in our teams with regard to people with disabilities. We believe that you can make a valuable contribution to Kuehne + Nagel and look forward to receiving your application.
UK Resourcing Team