Join us as a Business Intelligence Analyst
- We’ll look to you to provide flexible world class financial insight and decision support across a range of franchise initiatives
- You’ll be supporting the team to work with business-wide stakeholders to identify best practices and provide input to the implementation of common methodologies, tools and techniques
- This is an opportunity to gain valuable exposure as you develop and maintain professional effective relationships with customers, stakeholders and colleagues at all levels
What you'll do
As a Business Intelligence Analyst, you’ll be actively supporting business partners and senior finance stakeholders with the provision of timely, reliable, and insightful financial support that will drive senior and executive financial and commercial discussions. You’ll be supporting with the delivery of finance initiatives and projects, drawing actionable business insights from financials, and developing and matching solutions to meet business needs.
You’ll be complying with the business-wide governance framework and controls, as well as influencing revenue management decisions through the provision of commercial and financial expertise. And you’ll be making sure the customers’ needs and requirements are taken care of.
Day-to-day, you’ll be:
- Designing, managing and delivering MI, key risk Indicators, and key performance indicators reporting in line with business requirements and the risk management framework
- Performing centralised processes or controls such as VaR backtesting and ensuring compliance with financial reporting standards, legal, SOX, regulatory and supervisory requirements
- Identifying improvements in processes to obtain efficiencies and improve key controls
- Working proactively with internal and external stakeholders to resolve any issues around processes
- Making sure that process documentation is completed, reviewed and updated
The skills you'll need
To succeed in this role, you’ll need experience in a business analytical environment as well as financial services experience. Along with proficiency in analytical tools and a good understanding of accounting, you’ll need an appetite for detail and delivery orientation, and an enquiring nature and skillset.
Additionally, you’ll need a problem solving and analytical skillset, and stakeholder management skills, including the ability to build and influence relationships.
You’ll also demonstrate:
- Advanced experience in Microsoft Office applications with a strong focus on Excel, VBA, Access, SQL and other business intelligence tools
- Good commercial awareness and business acumen
- The ability to communicate complex financial information in a concise, non-technical manner
- Planning and organisational capabilities, with the ability to work in a flexible environment
- Experience of designing reports by working with business requirements against technical tool feasibility