Business Process Owner (BPO)
- Job Reference: 7203
- Date Posted: 31 March 2021
- Employer: DHL Supply Chain
- Location: Rugby, Warwickshire
- Salary: £43,000
- Sector: Transport & Logistics
- Job Type: Full Time
BE AN ESSENTIAL PART OF EVERYDAY LIFE
Position: Business Process Owner (BPO)
Grade: RCS. J
Contract Type: Full time perm
Closing Date: 13th April 2021
Are you a motivated, organized individual seeking a challenging and rewarding opportunity in a fast-paced environment? Would you enjoy being part of a dedicated team that works together to create a relevant, memorable difference in the lives of our customers and employees? If you're looking for change, and you're ready to make changes … we're looking for you.
At DHL our business is logistics, but people are our passion. With over 500,000 team members in 220 countries, we attract and retain great talent. We are one of the most innovative, most culturally diverse companies on the planet. We provide unmatched opportunities for personal and professional development. We really are a, “Best Place to Work.”
If this sounds like a team you'd like to join … keep reading.
The BPO is responsible for developing and being a custodian for the DSC Transport operating processes linked to the TMS systems in operation within Transport UKI and owner of the TMS Super User programme.
You will be accountable for developing and being a custodian for the DSC Transport processes which governs the rest of the operation. This includes processes linked to a transport related system.
You will adapt and update business processes that change with a developing landscape, providing training, post-deployment support as well as being positive change agents.
To be successful you will have a strong backgroubnd in transport, have good stakeholder management and be familiar with transport systems.
We make promises to our customers, and we'll make promises to you too. The key responsibilities in this role include;
• Proactively seeking the input of key stakeholders to define and document business processes and operating methodology
• To maintain and facilitate the SuperUser program with the sponsorship of the COO appointed to cabinet responsibility.
• Update processes in line with changes in systems or operations
• Lead day-to-day agenda around standardisation
• Creation of a standardised operating model for transport
• Creation of a standardised methodology for implementing and exiting transport businesses
• Provide training and first line technical support at all levels
• Provide post-deployment support as necessary to ensure processes are embedded and working as designed
• Interface with Operational teams to ensure continuity and alignment of business processes.
• Responsible for maintaining the Business Process Library (BPL). To support system testing as required for template releases and fixes
• Attendance and updates at regular programme Meetings (as and when required)
• Leadership of Business Process Continuous Improvement sessions
• Provide change process control and tracking
• Support BP Strategy development, especially around digitalisation of processes
You won't find another job like the one you'll find with DHL Supply Chain. Now, here's what we need from you:
• Minimum 3 years of transport / operational management experience
• Solid understanding of TMS platforms (essential) and WMS (desirable) systems
• Strong Analytical and Transport modelling capability
• ACT change methodology (Desirable
• DePict project management methodology (Desirable)
• Results Orientated, focusing on processes to deliver the desired outcome (Essential)
• Excellent communication skills both written and verbal (Essential)
• Excellent planning & organisation (Essential)
• Ability to builds strong relationships and influences key project stakeholders (Essential)
• Strong demonstration of leadership in consulting activities (Essential)
• Ability to pro-actively engage and challenge on business processes. (Essential)
• Educated to degree level or equivalent professional qualifications (Desirable)
What will you get in return?
As a part of a growing DHL population you will receive access to a variety of our excellent benefits which could include; 25 days holiday, pension scheme, medical cover, retail discounts, flexible working, training, development and secondments opportunities and MANY MORE.
What you'll need to do next?
If you have a proven track record of achievement to match the requirements for this role and you are looking for your next career move, simply apply online ensuring that a full up to date CV is attached with your application.
We will ensure that all our resourcing activities are fair, transparent and consistent across the UK. We want to ensure that the candidate experience is of the highest professional standard.
The Company is committed to providing equality of opportunity for all employees. Furthermore we aim to ensure our workplaces are free from discrimination and that not only employees but also our potential future employees are treated fairly and with dignity and respect. We will ensure that equality of opportunity maintains a high profile in our organisation.