About the role
We are looking for an experienced Business Readiness manager to join our a busy and expanding Customer Services team in Swindon. Your role will be to lead and oversee the delivery of the objectives, goals and strategies that support the delivery of change in Customer Services in the most efficient and effective way driving optimum benefit for our people and our customers.
Within this role you will also lead and oversee the collaboration between the business and I.T teams to support resolution of incidents to reduce impact and future risk. Key areas of accountability will include:
To be successful in this role you will have the following skills and experience:
- Communicating with and influencing Customer Services Leadership teams around best practice implementation of change and providing guidance on decision making impacting change delivery
- Effective execution of and embedding of Business Readiness stage /gate governance model
- Performance reporting for Business Readiness, Incidents and Data Protection, identify key risk areas and driving mitigating actions
- Working with business to identify root cause and resolution actions required for Data protection incidents (breaches, ICO complaints)
- Facilitation and driving of the monthly data protection forum with the customer services leadership team and consequent forums at a lower level
- Accountable for the Customer Services engagement plan, linking with comms and HR teams to drive delivery and increase employee engagement scores – including feedback loops for our people, engagement channels and setting engagement objectives with the CS leadership team
- Coaching, developing and supporting the team to continuously improve output and quality and create clear succession plan at all levels
- Driving and maintaining effective collaboration with functions in and out of Customer Services to develop strong relationships and practices across the business and at multiple levels
What’s in it for you?
- Proven track record of change management & governance practice and theory, ideally with change qualifications (PROSCI or equivalent)
- A strong influencer with fantastic stakeholder management
- Good problem solver and able to manage pro-active solutions / options conversations
- Proven experience of working and collaborating in a senior leadership role to drive the customer, business and people agendas
- Good understanding of the end to end business and excellent understanding of Customer Services operations and strategy
- Desirable Incident management and data protection experience
This is a great opportunity for you to lead the business with engaging their employees to increase employee engagement. You will support in driving collaboration between the business and Data Protection teams to facilitate discussion on risk and increase accountability of DP in the CS business.
Our competitive salary and package include a competitive bonus, car allowance, private healthcare, an excellent contributory pension, 26 days holiday. There is also a wider benefits scheme which includes an annual pay review, season ticket loans and loyalty awards for continuous service plus discounts at a wide range of retailers via Benefits on Taps. We also have a referral scheme, where you can receive £750 for helping someone get a permanent position within the company.
We’re proud to be here for our local community, offering everyone two days paid volunteer leave a year, as well as proudly supporting a lot of local events and charities.
Click here to find out more about working at Thames Water About us:
Thames Water is the UK’s largest water and wastewater company. We make a daily difference to millions of customers by supplying 2.7 billion litres of world-class water to around 10 million homes.
As our world changes, the need to take care of our most precious resource is greater than ever, both locally and globally. That’s why, at Thames Water, every one of our actions, big and small, matters every day. Water is essential to daily life, and that means our business is always open. We’re passionate about providing world-class tap water, now and for the future.
We’re also turning waste into power, self-generating 20% of the energy we use and, in turn, doing our bit for the planet. We’re reducing plastic waste by celebrating our tap water and rolling out an ambitious water fountain project. We’re using our voice to lobby for change and partnering with WaterAid to provide clean water to the world’s poorest communities.
Together, we’re building a better future for our customers, our region and our planet.
Thames Water is a unique, rewarding and diverse place to work. If you join our team, you’ll enjoy fast-tracked career opportunities, flexible working arrangements and unparalleled benefits. We’re also proud to be an equal opportunity employer, Stonewall Diversity Champion and Disability Confident Leader, welcoming individuals from all walks of life and leading the way with award-winning mental health and well-being strategy.