Business Support is key to the success of our Children's Services because our Business Support teams are there, making sure things run smoothly, so that our frontline colleagues can deliver for children and families in the community. All that work in the background doesn't just happen, it takes dedicated colleagues, taking pride in their work and seeing a purpose in the work they are doing. Main Responsibilities
Some of the things involved in the job are:
The Ideal Candidate
- To undertake arrange of Customer Care duties. This will include meet and greet duties as and when required, ensure that visitors are dealt with in a professional manner, answering queries from members of the public and other agencies on the services of the County Council, signposting to partner agencies, taking telephone calls and accurately recording messages to ensure effective communication.
- Accurately input and maintain appropriate information systems in support of children and family's practitioners, ensuring children's/families/system records are kept up to date, and that the Information Performance, and Engagement Team can accurately report on performance.
- Undertake a range of financial transactions as directed including placing orders for services/equipment, goods receipting and maintaining associated records in accordance with Financial Regulations through the County Council's Finance and Procurement systems.
- To provide support advice and guidance to practitioners in the use of the IT and related software including basic induction into systems and processes as appropriate.
- Maintain an awareness of policies, guidance, processes, and best practice relating to the service supported.
Working in Business Support requires teamwork, good organisational skills and a good level of competency using IT systems. You'll also need:
- Good communication skills because you'll interact with lots of people across the organisation and externally through phone, in person and email
- Good organisation skills and attention to detail, as you'll be keeping data updated and you'll be working to deadlines
- A flexible approach to work as sometimes things can change, and so you'll need to be able to prioritise work and sometimes change tasks quickly
- A passion to always give the best service
But it's important to note that if you're unsure whether your experience or skills are suitable, please get in touch with the recruiting manager Tracey Pennycook (Team Manager) at: tracey.pennycook @staffordshire.gov.uk About Staffordshire County Council
We are no ordinary county council:
The core of who we are as an organisation. Just like we all have personal values that shape our thoughts and behaviour, organisational values drive how we think and act collectively.
Our values were created and shaped by colleague feedback and national best practice and they sit at the heart of People Strategy:
We have a real sense of community spirit that brings our people together. This feeling of belonging means we are all connected to what we do and take pride in the difference we make every day for Staffordshire people. We are ambitious and our sights are set firmly on a better future.
We look forward and race ahead - that goes for your career too.
We recognise that it is our employees that are central to everything we do. We aim to create a supportive working environment where employees can achieve their full potential and achieve a healthy work-life balance.
In addition to your salary, as a member of staff, you will have access to a range of benefits .
Our recruitment process:
As an Authority we are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Staffordshire County Council is an equal opportunities organisation and Disability Confident employer. We encourage applications from all background and communities
As part of our commitment as a Disability Confident employer, a Silver Award Armed Forces employer and our commitment to supporting care leavers - we offer a guaranteed interview as long as your application meets the minimum criteria for the post.