Business Systems Support Engineer (2nd Line)
RAF Brize Norton, Oxfordshire
About the role
Here at Babcock International we're looking to recruit a Business Systems Support Engineer to be responsible for providing customer support to a variety of different business systems used in the aerospace industry. The role will involve working closely with customers, to support locally provided services such as video conferencing services, Aviation applications, printing services and telephone support.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Problem analysis, working with customers to identify clear problem statements
- To provide technical support for IT services and liaising with suppliers to identify solutions
- Maintaining accurate records in service desk, incident logs and knowledge base for future reference
- Updating CIS provisioned IT services including local patching
- Suggesting technical and process improvements
- Local training of new users to ensure effective use of all services
- Ownership of services including technology roadmaps
- Documenting and updating knowledge base
- Participating within project teams where required including handover of project to BAU activities
- Consistently ensure that the best customer experience is achieved to drive business outcomes
- Ensure that continual service improvement is always considered
- Develop strong customer relationships built on trust and openness to maximise the end user experience
- Consistently ensure that the customer has operational capability and capacity to meet its objectives
- Identify risks to the service and its operation
What do I need to do the role?
- To be an experienced 2nd line support professional with excellent customer service skills
- Experience of supporting desktop and IT services within a service desk environment, working to tight deadlines and Service Level Agreements
- Experience dealing with software packages in a Windows server environment
- Good understanding of incident, problem, change and release management processes
What else do I need to know?
- The successful candidate must be able to achieve the appropriate security clearance level for this role.
- Please follow the link to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants: https://www.babcockinternational.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/Babcock-Guidance-for-Applicants.pdf
- You will be working a 40 hour working week. We are happy to talk about flexible working. Please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
- You will be required to work on call 1 week in 6 - you will receive an on call + call out allowance for this
About Babcock International
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure and specialist training.
We're committed to providing a great employee experience in a supportive and engaging environment. The benefits you can expect to enjoy include a generous holiday entitlement, competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance and a share ownership scheme. You'll benefit from excellent career and learning and development opportunities to ensure that you grow and achieve your full potential.
All applications should be made online. Please use a desktop PC or laptop to create your account and apply for a job. Once you've completed this you'll be able to apply to jobs from mobile devices.
If you experience difficulties please check our career website for more information. Recruitment correspondence is normally by email so please check your email account and spam folder regularly.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strives to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know and we will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. We recognise the value that Serving Personnel, both Regular and Reserves, Veterans, Uniformed Cadet Instructors and Service Families contribute to our business and the United Kingdom. As part of the Covenant, Babcock offers Reservists and Uniformed Cadet Instructors up to 2 week's special paid leave to help them meet their commitments. To find out more please check our career website for more information.