Are you currently an Operations Supervisor looking for more of a challenge? Are you a motivated team player with excellent leaderships and organisation skills? If so, we are currently recruiting for a Car Park Inspector at South & Vale contract. The contract consists of various multi-skilled, multi-role staff overseeing the contract’s permit management, enforcement and staff and customer needs. This makes the South & Vale site an exciting, dynamic and ever-changing work environment.
What will you be doing?
The post holder may be required to carry out any other duties from time to time without changing the nature of the post or the level of responsibility appropriate to the grading of the post.
Main duties and responsibilities include:
· ensure that the ticket machines are maintained in good working order which includes replenishing supply of tickets in machine and carrying out some essential maintenance
· monitor ticket stock levels and report when getting low
· inspect all vehicles to check that a current parking ticket, season ticket or disabled badge is displayed or any other parking restrictions relating to the car park
· issue the appropriate excess charge notice to offenders and place on windscreen
· report by telephone or email to the car park team any vandalism, machine fault or health and safety issues taking photographs of the situation
· carry out car park condition inspections and complete a survey form to be completed three times a year (in all car parks across both districts including ‘free’ car parks)
· responsible for checking that all equipment issued is in full working order i.e. correct date on camera, handheld and mobile telephone charged
· computer skills: to be able to attach photographs and send emails via handheld devices and desk top computer, download software.
· enter data onto an excel spreadsheet
· access and record corporate information via computer
Reporting to the Contract Manager, your working hours will be 20 hours per week and may requires regular weekend working. You may also occasionally be required to work extra hours.
What skills or experience will you need?
You must be able to demonstrate an ability to develop effective relationships at all levels, both within our organisation and with the client group. You will also need to have proven people management skills, be numerate and computer literate, and possess relevant experience. Your communication and negotiation skills should be good and good written communication skills are essential as you will be dealing with external as well as internal stakeholders on a daily basis.
A clean full, driving licence (minimum category B - Manual) is preferred.
What benefits do we offer for your hard work?
- Employee Benefit Scheme- Including Cycle to Work Scheme & Discounts
- Reward & Recognition Scheme
- Employee Well-being Service offering free 24-hr professional support & advice
- 24/7 access to Learning & Development portal
- Workforce Team Committee Members to represent the voice of your colleagues
A copy of our privacy notice for job applicants is at - www.sabaparking.co.uk/careers
Part-time hours: 20 per week