Case & Custody Administrator
HMP Thameside, Thamesmead
Salary £20,000 plus London Weighting + benefits
Here at Serco we're looking for a Case & Custody Administrator to join us at HMP Thameside based in London. The postholder will be responsible for ensuring that sentences are calculated and updated correctly to prevent any releases in error, investigate calculation queries with the court and request relevant paperwork to ensure sentence calculation is correct and actively search current and previous periods of custody for any relevant remand time that can count for any period of time in custody for any non-custodial sentences.
You will ensure all processes are correctly followed and documentation completed relating to the reception and discharge of offenders, action any releases from court/custody and bails as well as completing all relevant paperwork required for this, ensure the Court of Appeal log is kept up to date and paperwork issued to offenders in a timely manner and ensure all KPT's and CDI's are recorded and attained and that all specification outcomes are achieved.
The postholder will undertake administrative support duties to sustain and ensure the effectiveness of the establishments' local Safer Prison department and annual strategic plan.
Ensure assessors for the (ACCT) Assessment, Care in Custody and Teamwork Plan are available when required - completed through a fortnightly/monthly ACCT rota. On completion of the rota you must make sure assessors are available at weekends as well as weekdays and can be released from other duties to carry out assessments and be part of the first Case Review.
As part of this you'll:
- Update and maintain the ACCT log with any admin, safeguarding referrals and assessments. Share internal risk information (CMS, pNOMIS) amongst specific agencies/ those not directly caring for an at-risk prisoner, so they are aware of who is on an open ACCT Plan.
- The Safer Prison Administrative will act as a liaison with the Police Liaison Officer, Samaritans, Catch-22, Turning Point and Court Service in sharing appropriate information. Ensure thorough handovers of prisoner on the ACCT document, risk information and care plans are sent to the receiving establishment if prisoner is subject to transfer or attending an out of area court.
- Support COMs in organising case reviews to maximise attendance and multi-disciplinary involvement. Inform wing staff and Custodial Operational Managers (COMs) with any upcoming triggers for case reviews to be completed prior to the trigger date approaching as well as on the date of the trigger.
- Create a monthly report on all ACCT plans including any areas of concern that need to be addressed, an overview on the training required (planned refresher training, number of case managers, number of ACCT assessors)
What you'll need to do the role
First and foremost, you'll need to have worked in a similar role or have a strong admin background, excellent knowledge of all Microsoft applications including word and excel and be able to work in a highly pressured environment.
You will be a highly organised individual, able to liaise and negotiate at all levels, be prepared to develop a thorough knowledge of the ACCT process, remain professional at all times and be very open-minded and understanding towards the cases you will be dealing with.
The successful applicant will be approachable, efficient, reliable, able to multi-task and possess strong attention to detail skills. We are looking for someone that can communicate at all levels, build strong working relationships and be a successful part of an ever-growing team.
Meaningful and vital work - You'll contribute to the reintegration of ex-offenders back into society, helping them to address the factors that influence criminal behaviour and lowering reoffending rates
A world of opportunity - With six prisons across the UK and a breadth of roles, you'll be wholeheartedly supported with development and career progression
Great people - You'll become an integral member of a well-defined and supportive team. who believe passionately in the value of our work.
What we offer
- Flexible and part time working considered
- 10-day pa CPD
- Pension - 6%
- Bike4Work scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Chance to contribute to innovation in the public services/prisons sector
- A company passionate about diversity and inclusion
- Serco Benefits package
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play, from caring for vulnerable people to managing complex public services. We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world in areas including defence, transport, justice, immigration, healthcare and citizen services. We are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
By joining Serco you will have unlimited access to our Global Employee Networks - SercoInspire (Gender), SercoEmbrace (Multicultural), SercoUnlimited (Disability) and In@Serco (LGBT & Networks). Serco Employee Networks, led by colleagues who are passionate about diversity, inclusion and belonging.
Please click on the apply button to complete your application. Occasionally we receive a large volume of applications for our roles and when that happens we sometimes bring the closing date forward, so please apply promptly to avoid disappointment.
At Serco, we see people first and foremost for their performance and potential. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive organisation that supports the needs of all. As such we will make reasonable adjustments at interview through to employment for our candidates and strongly encourage applications from a diverse candidate pool. We are open to discussions around flexibility and flexible working. We operate a hybrid work structure in many of our business areas. We are proudly a Disability Confident level 3 employer and holder of the Silver Inclusive Employer Standard. Disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the job will be given the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at an interview.
At Serco we support fair access to employment for those with unspent criminal convictions through the Ban the Box' pledge (some may be exempt due to the nature of the role and the security clearance required). Please contact our recruitment team directly on 0345 010 4000 to discuss.