This is an outstanding opportunity for a Senior Buyer to join our team in Chertsey as a Category Buyer for the Equipment and Uniform category. Foodbuy is the procurement and supply chain side of the Compass Group business who are responsible for servicing both internal and external contracts.
As a Category Buyer for the Equipment and Uniform category you will be engaging and building relationships with stakeholders to help decipher needs and desires. The Category Buyer acts as the liaison between with the supplier and the client, ensuring that all needs and wants are met for the good of the business. Other duties of the role include being involved in the negotiation and budgeting of a product and it's line, ensuring the product is truly worth its price.
The Category Buyer will be involved in a number of exciting projects across the category and reporting directly to the category lead. Job Description
- Competitive basic salary, depending on experience
- Opportunity to work in a broad, varied environment
- Opportunity to work on a variety of different projects
As a Category Buyer, you will be responsible for the following:
- Overseeing the suppliers, ensuring a solid working relationship so that you can influence and persuade moving forwards
- Working with clients, both internal and externally
- Updating the Foodbuy system - ensuring all enquiries are dealt with
- Conducting pitches and cost negotiations
- Proofread and create contracts
- Track rebates and overriders
- Manage the critical path of a product
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate for this opportunity of the Category Buyer will have:
About The Company
- Proven experience in cost negotiations
- Experience working on a variety of projects
- Ideally come from a product based buying background
- Ability to build and develop relationships with key stakeholders
- Experience with developing business plans and strategies
- Ability to present and pitch
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
Foodbuy is a leading food procurement organisation based in the UK. With over £1bn of managed spend, we bring together the widest range of foodservice and hospitality clients on the planet to buy food, and everything associated with it. We work closely with our clients to deliver expert procurement services saving them both time and money and enabling them to focus on what really matters to their businesses.
Proudly part of Compass Group UK & Ireland, who are our parent company and largest client, we purchase directly from manufacturers and growers and our suppliers range from the most recognised brands in the industry to regional and local providers. With a team of 200 procurement professionals driving us forward, our combination of unrivalled scale and outstanding data analysis sets us apart in our markets.
For further information about Foodbuy, please visit www.foodbuy.eu
Please note: This vacancy may close before the advertised end date.