This is an outstanding opportunity for a Category Development Manager to join our team at Foodbuy overseeing Fruit and Vegetable category. The category is one of the biggest categories we have with a total spend of c£60million per annum!
As a Category Development Manager you will be working with a Buyer to plan and strategise for the Fruit and Vegetables category whilst working alongside the key stakeholders. Job Description
- Competitive basic salary, dependent on experience
- Company car
- Opportunity to grow and develop within the company
As the Fruit and Vegetable Category Development Manager you will be responsible for;
The Ideal Candidate
- Owning the Fruit and Vegetable procurement framework which includes; strategy, implementation and retention of suppliers
- Understand and influence business needs for internal and external category spend
- Responsible for day to day supplier and contract management whilst ensuring that business relationships are maximised
- Develop the long range income growth plan
- Ensuring the development of a Buyer reporting to this role
The ideal applicant for the Category Development Manager will have the following:
About The Company
- Passion for the food industry
- Experienced Buying Manager with experience managing a Junior Buyer
- Hold experience in Fresh Produce category and the complexities that come with it
- Proven experience working on multiple projects at one time
- Proven experience develop relationships with key stakeholders and influencing decisions and category growth
The role of the Category Develop Manager is extremely exciting, Foodbuy is a huge business which presents itself with alot of opportunity for growth and progression within ones' career.
Foodbuy is a leading food procurement organisation based in the UK. With over £1bn of managed spend, we bring together the widest range of foodservice and hospitality clients on the planet to buy food, and everything associated with it. We work closely with our clients to deliver expert procurement services saving them both time and money and enabling them to focus on what really matters to their businesses.
Proudly part of Compass Group UK & Ireland, who are our parent company and largest client, we purchase directly from manufacturers and growers and our suppliers range from the most recognised brands in the industry to regional and local providers. With a team of 200 procurement professionals driving us forward, our combination of unrivalled scale and outstanding data analysis sets us apart in our markets.
For further information about Foodbuy, please visit www.foodbuy.eu
Please note: This vacancy may close before the advertised end date.