Caterer & Cleaner (dual role)
Are you looking for a new challenge? For a rewarding job where you have the opportunity to make a real difference? Would you like to contribute to the greater good of the healthcare field? If so, then we would love to hear from you!
A new opportunity has arisen for a Caterer & Cleaner to join the Medirest Family. We are looking for new members to join our highly dedicated catering & cleaning team, who deliver outstanding cleaning & catering services.
As Caterer & Cleaner you will have the variety of performing both catering and cleaning duties, every day is different, and this is an opportunity which will make a real difference! What we'll give:
Caterer & Cleaner (dual role)
More about the role:
- £8.91 per hour, 30 hours per week
- Shift pattern 5 over 7 days including weekends earliest start time 9am latest finish 8pm
- Compass exclusive offers on PerksAtWork
- Access to a wide range of programs to train and develop you
- Pension contribution
Who you are:
- Prepare and deliver all refreshments and meals for breakfast, lunch and dinner service.
- Clear down ward areas and wash up dirty dishes ensuring that the kitchen is fully prepared for next service.
- Liaise with staff to ensure residents needs are met in a timely manner.
- Some cash handling will be required
- Offer a great customer service by always putting the residents first.
- High and low dusting, mopping, wiping and scrubbing surfaces.
- Cleaning toilets, showers, infected and public areas.
- Ensure rubbish bins are maintained and removed when full.
- Maintain high standards by ensuring all areas are clean, presentable and safe for visitors by following the required policies and procedures.
- Use equipment in accordance with the role following all Health & Safety guidelines.
Who we are:
- Passionate about care, with the ability to communicate effectively with residents, visitors and healthcare staff.
- Able to work under pressure, individually and as part of a team with a flexible approach to meet the needs of the business.
- Confident working in a care home environment
- It doesn't matter if you've never worked as a Cleaner or Caterer before. What does matter to us the most, is taking pride in what you do and a willingness to learn and go the extra mile for our patients.
- This position is subject to a Disclosure & Baring Service check; costs met by the employer.
As part of Compass, you have the opportunity to work behind the scenes at sports and leisure events, oilrigs and military bases, and in the heart of schools, hospitals, care homes, client offices and boardrooms - some 6,000+ locations across the UK and Ireland.
We do it all and so could you. Apply now and join the family!
We are an equal opportunity employer, we celebrate diversity and are committed to building an inclusive environment for all employees.
Medirest is the specialist healthcare operating company of Compass Group UK & Ireland, providing a full range of hotel services, including staff, patient and visitor catering, domestics, portering, security and reception, at over 130 NHS Trusts and private hospitals.
Please note that we reserve the right to remove this advert prior to the advertised date, dependent on the level of response received. You are therefore advised to apply at your earliest convenience.