We're currently recruiting a dedicated Catering And Cleaning Assistant to help ensure the smooth running of the operations in Healthcare on a part time basis.
As a Catering And Cleaning Assistant, you will use your skills to maintain a high standard of quality work. In return, you will have the chance to progress your career with company that invests in its people, celebrates individuality, and rewards and recognises employees who go beyond the plate. What we'll give:
Catering and Cleaning Assistant
- £9.50 per hour
- 15 hours and 20 hours contracts available
- Shift pattern: On a rota basis, including weekends and evenings no later than 8pm
- Free parking on site
- Free meal provided
We ensure you're rewarded for all your hard work, which is why we offer a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
More about the role:
- Exclusive travel discounts with TUI, Expedia, Booking.com and many more
- Save money on your food shop with discounts on Tesco, Sainsbury's, Morrisons and many more
- Up to 44% off cinema tickets to enjoy your favourite blockbuster
- Regular emails filled with the best discounts and savings available
- Receive Wow Points every time you spend and use them on a wide range of brands
- Un-wind with us with free wellness, mindfulness and exercise classes
- You can share all discounts and offers with your friends and families
- Contributory pension scheme
- Grow your career with our Career Pathways programme
- Compass exclusive offers on PerksAtWork
This job will be working in a residential home and will consist of:
Who you are:
- Serving the residents 3 meals a day in the main dining room (plated service)
- Food preparation is limited to occasional veg prep
- Prepare and provide refreshments and a hot and cold food service.
- Washing up is required dependent on shift
- Ensuring all areas are always kept clean and tidy to promote a safe working environment.
- Disposal of waste.
Who we are:
- Awareness of food & hygiene standards
- Passionate about care, with the ability to communicate effectively
- Able to work under pressure, individually and as part of a team with a flexible approach to meet the needs of the business.
- Confident working in a care home environment
- It doesn't matter if you've never worked as a General Assistant before. What does matter to us the most, is taking pride in what you do and a willingness to learn and go the extra mile for our residents
- This position is subject to a Disclosure & Barring Service check; costs met by the employer.
As part of Compass, you have the opportunity to work behind the scenes at sports and leisure events, oilrigs and military bases, and in the heart of schools, hospitals, care homes, client offices and boardrooms - some 6,000+ locations across the UK and Ireland.
We do it all and so could you. Apply now and join the family!
We are an equal opportunity employer, we celebrate diversity and are committed to building an inclusive environment for all employees.
Medirest is the specialist healthcare operating company of Compass Group UK & Ireland, providing a full range of hotel services, including staff, patient and visitor catering, domestics, portering, security and reception, at over 130 NHS Trusts and private hospitals.
Please note that we reserve the right to remove this advert prior to the advertised date, dependent on the level of response received. You are therefore advised to apply at your earliest convenience.