Catering and Domestic Assistant - Buckland Court
- £10.42 per hour
- 25 hours per week
- 5 out of 7 days
Are you looking for a new challenge? For a rewarding job where you have the opportunity to make a real difference? Would you like to contribute to the greater good of the healthcare field? If so, then we would love to hear from you!
A new opportunity has arisen for a Catering and Domestic Assistant to join the Medirest Family. We are looking for new members to join our highly dedicated Team.
As a Catering and Domestic Assistant you would provide a warm and welcoming environment for our residents, every day is different and by facilitating their nutrition and hydration needs, you can make a real difference!
We ensure you're rewarded for all your hard work, which is why we offer a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
- To help with the cost of living crisis, Compass will be providing a free meal or equivalent Subsidy while working
- Exclusive travel discounts with TUI, Expedia, Booking.com and many more
- Save money on your food shop with discounts on Tesco, Sainsbury's, Morrisons and many more
- Quick access for you and your immediate family to a Digital GP, and wider healthcare benefits
- Up to 44% off cinema tickets to enjoy your favourite blockbuster
- Regular emails filled with the best discounts and savings available
- Receive cash rewards every time you spend and use them on a wide range of brands
- Un-wind with us with free wellness, mindfulness and exercise classes
- You can share all discounts and offers with your friends and families
- Contributory pension scheme
- Grow your career with our Career Pathways and MyLearning programmes
This job will be working in a residential home and will consist of:
- Serving the residents 3 meals a day in the main dining room (plated service)
- Food preparation is limited to occasional veg prep
- Prepare and provide refreshments and a hot and cold food service.
- Washing up is required dependent on shift
- Ensuring all areas are always kept clean and tidy to promote a safe working environment.
- Disposal of waste.
- Awareness of food & hygiene standards
- Passionate about care, with the ability to communicate effectively
- Able to work under pressure, individually and as part of a team with a flexible approach to meet the needs of the business.
- Confident working in a care home environment
- It doesn't matter if you've never worked as a General Assistant before. What does matter to us the most, is taking pride in what you do and a willingness to learn and go the extra mile for our residents
- This position is subject to a Disclosure & Barring Service check; costs met by the employer.
Part of Compass Group UK&I, Medirest is the specialist healthcare operating company of Compass Group UK & Ireland, providing a full range of hotel services, including staff, patient and visitor catering, domestics, portering, security and reception, at over 130 NHS Trusts and private hospitals.
Job Reference: com/2301/74710001/52617689/ONE #LI-DNP
Compass Group UK&I wants everyone in our business to feel able to be themselves at work and to have an equal opportunity to progress their career. We want to create a culture where we respect and embrace everyone's talents, beliefs, backgrounds, and abilities. Where our colleagues feel valued, can reach their full potential, and thrive - Diversity is Our Strength!