Are you looking for a new challenge? For a rewarding job where you have the opportunity to make a real difference? Would you like to contribute to the greater good of the healthcare field? If so, then we would love to hear from you!
A new opportunity has arisen for a Catering Assistant to join the Medirest Family. We are looking for new members to join our highly dedicated Catering team.
As a Catering Assistant you would provide a warm and welcoming environment for our residents, every day is different and by facilitating their nutrition and hydration needs, you can make a real difference! What we'll give:
Catering Assistant - working in a residential care home
- £10.25 per hour
- 21 hours per week
We ensure you're rewarded for all your hard work, which is why we offer a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
More about the role:
- Exclusive travel discounts with TUI, Expedia, Booking.com and many more
- Save money on your food shop with discounts on Tesco, Sainsbury's, Morrisons and many more
- Up to 44% off cinema tickets to enjoy your favourite blockbuster
- Regular emails filled with the best discounts and savings available
- Receive Wow Points every time you spend and use them on a wide range of brands
- Unwind with us with free wellness, mindfulness and exercise classes
- You can share all discounts and offers with your friends and families
- Contributory pension scheme
- Grow your career with our Career Pathways programme
- Compass exclusive offers on PerksAtWork
This job will be working in a residential home and will consist of:
Who you are:
- Serving the residents 3 meals a day in the main dining room (plated service)
- Food preparation is limited to occasional veg prep
- Prepare and provide refreshments and a hot and cold food service.
- Washing up is required dependent on shift
- Ensuring all areas are always kept clean and tidy to promote a safe working environment.
- Disposal of waste.
- Awareness of food & hygiene standards
- Passionate about care, with the ability to communicate effectively
- Able to work under pressure, individually and as part of a team with a flexible approach to meet the needs of the business.
- Confident working in a care home environment
- It doesn't matter if you've never worked as a General Assistant before. What does matter to us the most, is taking pride in what you do and a willingness to learn and go the extra mile for our residents
- This position is subject to a Disclosure & Barring Service check; costs met by the employer.