Are you looking for a new challenge? For a rewarding job where you can make a real difference?
Would you like to contribute to the greater good of the healthcare field? If so then we would love to hear from you! An opportunity has arisen for a Catering Assistant to join the Medirest Family here at Royal Surrey County Hospital. You will join our highly dedicated team, in delivering outstanding services for patients and visitors. Job Description
- Exclusive offers on Perks at Working including, Retail Discounts, Cinema Discounts, Reloadable Shopping Cards, Holiday Discounts and many more
- Development opportunities including funded apprenticeships
- Health and wellbeing program
- Compass Pension Scheme
- Reward & recognition program
To assist in providing a quality food and beverage service for all students and staff within the company guidelines and adhering to hygiene, health and safety regulations.
The Ideal Candidate
- Prepare food items as per the daily requirements and as allocated ensuring that the agreed standards of presentation are adhered to always.
- Prepare salads food pots sandwiches and any ad hock items as needed
- When required check deliveries and put them away as necessary.
- Check food delivery temperatures and record
- Ensure that the correct service equipment and menu accompaniments are available prior to service.
- Ensure all areas are fully stocked
- Complete any ad hoc duties as per request from your line manager
- Previous experience in similar role would be beneficial but not essential
- Ability to work in a fast-paced healthcare environment and has a flexible approach to meet the needs of the business.
- Excellent service skills with a high standard of customer care
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Able to work under pressure, individually and as part of a team
- Excellent communication skills