Are you looking for a new challenge? For a rewarding job where you have the opportunity to make a real difference? Would you like to contribute to the greater good of the healthcare field? If so, then we would love to hear from you!
A new opportunity has arisen for a Catering Assistant to join the Medirest Signature family. We are looking for new members to join our highly dedicated retail team, who deliver outstanding catering services for patients, visitors and staff. What we'll give:
More about the role:
- £9.36 per hour, 15 hours per week
- Shift pattern two days week Early (7-15) & Late (14-22) rota basis
- Compass exclusive offers on PerksAtWork
- Access to a wide range of programs to train and develop you
- Pension contribution
Who you are:
- Prepare hot and cold meals,
- Lay out food and counter display so they look attractive & inviting
- Ensure all food is stored safely and at the correct legal temperatures.
- Serve all customers in a polite and friendly manner
- Use of tills and cash handling.
- To maintain the cleanliness and hygiene of the kitchen and restaurant to promote a safe working environment.
Who we are:
- Awareness of food & hygiene standards
- Passionate about customer care, with the ability to communicate effectively with patients, visitors and healthcare staff.
- Able to work under pressure, individually and as part of a team with a flexible approach to meet the needs of the business.
- Confident working in a hospital environment and aware at times you will come in contact with patients that are particularly unwell or showing signs of distress.
- It doesn't matter if you've never worked as a General Assistant before. What does matter to us the most, is taking pride in what you do and a willingness to learn and go the extra mile for our customers
- This position is subject to a Disclosure & Baring Service check; costs met by the employer.
Medirest Signature is the specialist private healthcare division of Compass Group UK & Ireland. As the UK's leading healthcare support service provider, our aim is to improve patient satisfaction by providing a clean and hygienic environment.
We do it all and so could you. Apply now and join the family!
We are an equal opportunity employer, we celebrate diversity and are committed to building an inclusive environment for all employees.
Please note that we reserve the right to remove this advert prior to the advertised date, dependent on the level of response received. You are therefore advised to apply at your earliest convenience.