Catering Manager - Little Rissington - Gloucester
£16.47 per hour, 30 hours per week
This role is contracted to 50 weeks per year
We're recruiting an experienced Catering Manager who is passionate about exceptional food and world-class customer service, and who can confidently oversee all Compass Group UK&I catering and service operations for Defence on a part time basis, contracted to 30 hours per week.
As a Catering Manager, you will be responsible for ensuring our unit and service counters run smoothly and helping to deliver truly incredible experiences. In return, you'll have the opportunity to progress your career with a company that invests in its people, celebrates individuality, and rewards and recognises employees who go beyond the plate.
Could you shine as Defence's next Catering Manager? Here's what you need to know before applying:
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Supervising teams to ensure we continue to deliver impeccable food and customer service
- Overseeing the efficiency of all in-unit operations, including managing inventories, monitoring budgets, and implementing action plans
- Communicating regularly with your line manager to monitor KPIs and targets
- Representing Compass Group UK&I and maintaining a positive brand image
- Identifying opportunities for new service concepts to drive sales
- Liaising between customers and our internal teams to ensure we continue to exceed expectations
- Supporting and training our teams, leading from the front to make sure everyone can excel in their role
- Implementing and reviewing Health & Safety standards to ensure compliance across all catering and service teams.
Our ideal Catering Manager will:
- Be passionate about great-tasting food and exceptional customer service
- Have a minimum of two years of management experience within a similiar sector or industry
- Have experience managing teams in a similar role
- Demonstrate brilliant financial acumen
- Have excellent communication and organisational skills
- Be an ambitious and motivated individual who is always looking to upskill
Part of Compass Group UK&I, ESS is the Defence, Government, and Energy services sector of Compass Group UK & Ireland. We support 250+ UK military establishments, high profile police, secure environments and government sites, along with a range of onshore and offshore facilities including platforms, drilling rigs, floatels and offices for the energy sector. We know that a friendly face makes all the difference, so we look for people who are passionate about delivering excellent customer service, at all levels, to join our teams.
Job Reference: com/1901/96067001/52413306/ONE
Compass Group UK&I wants everyone in our business to feel able to be themselves at work and to have an equal opportunity to progress their career. We want to create a culture where we respect and embrace everyone's talents, beliefs, backgrounds, and abilities. Where our colleagues feel valued, can reach their full potential, and thrive - Diversity is Our Strength!