Are you currently a driven and passionate Catering Manager looking for a new and challenging opportunity.
If so, Here at Chartwells, part of Compass Group, we have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Catering Manager to lead a team across three busy food and beverage outlets that supports high quality education by providing outstanding food and customer service to the students and staff at The University Of Northumbria.
You should share our passion for delivering the best service and exciting fresh and nutritious food on a daily basis - It all starts with enjoyment - great tasting, healthy food that pupils look forward to and really love!
In return we offer support and development to grow within our business alongside a competitive salary and a great working environment! Job Description
- £23,000 per annum depending on experience
- Compass exclusive offers on PerksAtWork
- Access to a wide range of programs to train and develop you
- Pension contribution
As the Catering Manager you will manage a busy team of 10 to deliver an excellent catering service through great food and excellent customer service.
The Ideal Candidate
- Oversee and manage day to day food operations within the university across three busy food and beverage outlets
- Actively get involved in producing the In house food offering
- Manage and lead a team of 10
- Manage and develop two supervisors
- Develop and maintain excellent working relations with the University.
- You will ensure compliance with all statutory requirements
- Effective control of costs
- Introduction of new ideas to drive the service forward
- Develop the existing teams' knowledge
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate the following
About The Company
- Ideally be a Catering manager currently
- Passionate about catering and service delivery
- Excellent craft skills
- Knowledge of food preparation and standards required
- A strong leader, with bags of enthusiasm
- Management experience within a similar environment
- Experience of management of catering services is essential
- An adaptable individual who can communicate at all levels from pupils to clients
- Very organised and enjoys working in a very busy environment
- Sound knowledge of legislative standards
- Computer literacy
- Financial and commercial acumen
As part of Compass, you have the opportunity to work behind the scenes at sports and leisure events, oilrigs and military bases, and in the heart of schools, hospitals, care homes, client offices and boardrooms - some 6,000+ locations across the UK and Ireland.
We do it all and so could you. Apply now and join the family!
We are an equal opportunity employer, we celebrate diversity and are committed to building an inclusive environment for all employees.
Insert Sector Strapline
Please note that we reserve the right to remove this advert prior to the advertised date, dependent on the level of response received. You are therefore advised to apply at your earliest convenience.