Do you have an analytical mind with an ability to structure, solve and visualise complex problems? Are you able to think creatively and consider multiple solutions to a problem?
If so, would you like to work within our Chemical, Biological and Radiological (CBR) Division where you will be helping to ensure that decisions made by senior leaders in the Ministry of Defence (MOD) and across Government are based on the best available evidence?
The CBRN Operational Analysis team are currently recruiting analysts to join our friendly team. As a team we support and lead multi-disciplinary technical teams to deliver high quality analysis and visualisations to assist with evidenced based decision-making at senior levels of government. These could include briefings, technical reports and presentations to customers and senior stakeholders, including the military.
The role available is a Chemical, Biological, Radiological and Nuclear Operational Analyst -where you will be providing cross-cutting analysis to put CBRN threat into context and investigate mitigation options.
Your role, supported by mentoring and training, will be to;
• Support study teams to provide high profile, high impact analysis in support of MOD and Other Government Departments, for example the
• Learn to understand the military and security domains and the threats that they face with relation to CBRN;
• Undertake the collection, analysis and presentation of information and data for exciting high impact studies;
• Contribute to the writing of customer and technical reports.
We are looking for hardworking individuals who;
• Are self-motivated and can enthuse others;
• Have strong communication and interpersonal skills;
• Have an aptitude to think and work innovatively;
• Enjoy working independently or within a team;
• Work well under-pressure;
• Are creative and enjoy problem solving;
• Have strong qualitative analytical skills.
Qualified to degree level in an appropriate discipline such as (but not limited to):
Operational Research, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Microbiology, Mathematics, Social Sciences,
For this role you require experience of;
• Undertaking Qualitative analysis
• Supporting or delivering a project from concept to delivery
• Evidence of providing timely, impartial, evidence-based advice
• Delivering to tight timescales
• Facilitation of workshops or large meetings
• Evidence of leading a small team
• Knowledge of the UK armed forces
• Membership of an appropriate society, association or professional body
Please note these roles are primarily office based and are not laboratory based.
Our work in defence, security and intelligence requires our employees to be British Citizens who are able to gain a high level of security clearance to understand the work you will undertake to protect us from any security threats. For this reason, we regret that only UK Nationals will be able to apply for this role. If you are an international or dual-national candidate, and you think you have the skills we need, please consider applying to any of our government, security or defence partners.
This role will require full UK security clearance and you should have resided in the UK for the past 5 years.
If you are a current Dstl employee, you are encouraged to inform your line manager of your application as they can support you through the process and should you be successful it will help in negotiating a release date.