WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
Join our community.
At Santander we're driven by our purpose - to help people and businesses prosper. We help our customers at the moments that matter most and champion businesses to help them to grow sustainably. That's why we're building a community to be a digital bank with a human touch and deliver an outstanding customer experience living our values of Simple, Personal and Fair.
You'll be completing due diligence assessments for business banking ensuring that the bank is not exposed to financial crime. You'll be involved in the full end to end process including customer contact to gather key information to ensure the customer due diligence is completed in an efficient way, with minimal hand offs. If you've performed a similar role then this is the perfect opportunity to develop your career and join a high performing financial crime centre of excellence team.
The difference you will make.
- Reviewing Business Banking cases in line with CDD requirements, AML and sanctions standards
- Conducting risk assessments and making a risk-based recommendation on the basis of an in-depth analysis
- Raising internal reports where appropriate and liaise with advisory functions ensure the customers are within the bank's risk appetite
- Managing relationship with the front office colleagues to ensure adequate prioritisation of tasks
- Executing all due diligence activities related to client's onboarding, ongoing due diligence, or off boarding, including presenting your findings at senior management fora
What you will bring.
We are looking for people who can help shape, influence and transform the bank's capabilities, ensuring we continue to disrupt financial crimes, and support and enable the right outcomes for our customers.
- Demonstrable knowledge of the UK's legislative and regulatory framework for Financial Crime and how that impacts the Customer Due Diligence environment
- Proven experience of producing quality work in a fast-paced environment and prioritising workload in a deadline driven environment
It would also be nice for you to have.
- Experience of working across Business Banking products and an understanding of FC risks associated with a Retail customer base
- An industry recognised financial crime qualification
- Confident communicator, both verbally and in written communication
- Good organisational skills, able to plan and organise own time within objectives and to know how work relates to others
What our people say.
Financial Crime has a devastating impact on our communities through its association to illegal drugs, human trafficking and terrorism. Criminals will always look for new ways to evade our systems and controls so we must look to constantly evolve to address new threats that's why our mission is to Deter, Detect and Disrupt Financial Crimes, ensuring that we protect our clients, our communities, our shareholders and the firm. Financial crime is a top priority risk for our bank.
What else you need to know.
Given the recent impact of the Coronavirus outbreak we will be conducting all interviews via telephone or video-conference where possible.
This is a permanent role which can be based in our offices in Milton Keynes, Bradford, Glasgow or Sheffield.
At Santander, we each take personal responsibility for managing risk by embracing the I AM Risk framework - to Identify, Assess, Manage and Report risks, and to continuously build a deeper understanding of the risks we face. It is an important part of our culture at Santander and we will provide you with knowledge to help you manage risks in your role.
#ThePlaceToBeYourself - Everyday Inclusion at Santander
We are committed to making sure all our colleagues feel they belong and are supported to succeed. Our customers come from a wide range of backgrounds, and so do our people, so we welcome applications from across society.
You can find out more about how we're embedding an inclusive culture that encourages our people to bring their full and authentic selves to work on our Inclusion and Belonging page.
How we'll reward you.
In addition to your salary, we offer a wide range of benefits that you can choose from and tailor to your needs.
- Eligible for a discretionary performance-related annual bonus
- Receive a £500 annual cash allowance to spend on our great range of benefits.
- Pension with generous contributions of up to 12.5% from Santander, depending on your own contribution and length of employment with us
- 25 days' holiday plus bank holidays, which increases to 26 days after 5 years' service, with the option to purchase up to 5 contractual days per year
- Voluntary healthcare benefits at discounted rates such as private medical insurance, dental insurance, healthcare cash plan and health assessments
- Benefits supporting you and your family, such as death-in-service benefit, income protection, and voluntary life assurance and critical illness cover
- 24/7 access to an online employee discount platform
- Share in Santander's success by investing in our Sharesave and Partnership shares plans
- Support your favourite causes through charitable giving and our community partnerships
For more information about our wide range of benefits and family friendly policies visit our website.
What to do next:
If this sounds like a role you're interested in, then please apply.