Chef - Boarding School - Rugby
Fantastic Opportunity-Prestigious Independent School
We have an amazing opportunity for a Chef to join the Chartwells Independent team at Rugby School. This is a day and boarding co-educational independent school and one of the oldest independent schools in Britain. The Chef Manager will be part of a large brigade within the school overseeing one of the 14 boarding houses on site.
As the Chef you will have a passion for food and have excellent culinary skills. The Chef will have the assistance of a small team and will be reporting to the group Head Chef on site. You will be catering for breakfast, lunch and dinner Job Description
More about the role:
- Up to £12.73 per hour + overtime
- 41.5 Hours per week - working 5 out of 7
- Compass exclusive offers on PerksAtWork
- Access to a wide range of programs to train and develop you
- Pension contribution
Who you are:
- Managing a small team
- Catering for breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Catering for up to 50 meals each service
- Responsible for the P&L accounts
- Training and motivating staff
- Fully responsible for all the H&S and F&H regulations
- Build an excellent relationship with the client and students
- Ensure all customer requirements are delivered in line with the expectation
Who we are:
- Have a can-do attitude and be able to work within a busy site
- Good team player
- Well organised
- Able to motivate staff and be a strong leader
- Excellent relationship building skills
- Strong financial awareness of the business
- Be passionate about food and always working to very high standards
As part of Compass, you have the opportunity to work behind the scenes at sports and leisure events, oilrigs and military bases, and in the heart of schools, hospitals, care homes, client offices and boardrooms - some 6,000+ locations across the UK and Ireland.
We do it all and so could you. Apply now and join the family!
We are an equal opportunity employer, we celebrate diversity and are committed to building an inclusive environment for all employees.
Please note that we reserve the right to remove this advert prior to the advertised date, dependent on the level of response received. You are therefore advised to apply at your earliest convenience.