Chef - Bury St Edmunds
Competitive hourly rate
ESS Support Services Worldwide is the defence, offshore and remote business sector of Compass Group UK & Ireland. It provides food and support services to major companies and organisations operating in remote site, defence, police, prison and offshore sectors. It currently employs in excess of 30,000 employees in over 45 countries, with around 10,000 of those based in the UK.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a motivated and ambitious Chef with a real passion for food where you'll be able to develop your career with the world's leading food service and facilities management company.
We are looking for a talented, enthusiastic Chef to lead our dedicated catering team at HMS Excellent, producing outstanding food using the finest and freshest ingredients.
If you are an innovative and creative Chef, passionate about using top quality fresh ingredients, and looking for a role which can offer both work life balance and career development - we want to hear from you! Job Description
More about the role:
- Competitive hourly rate
- Compass exclusive offers on PerksAtWork
- Access to a wide range of programs to train, develop you and offer career growth opportunities
- Pension contribution
- Experience of working on large functions, culinary competitions & the opportunity to work on prestigious VIP events across all sectors within Compass Group
- Great work life balance through flexible shift patterns and sociable working hours
- Full Uniform provided
From fine dining for six to feeding an Army, as a talented Chef, you will supervise the daily catering operation to improve the customer food service experience by delivering a best in class food offer to military and civilian personnel. You will also have the chance to demonstrate your creative side, from Street Food to Banquets, delivering high end dining from start to finish. Who you are:
Who we are:
- Innovative and creative individual
- Great customer service skills
- Enthusiastic, motivational, someone who strives for excellence
- Organised, able to make robust judgements and prioritise
- Honest, transparent and consistent
- Gain and hold the respect of others
- Flexible approach with a can do attitude
- Strong commercial experience
- Ability to monitor and challenge the use of processes
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills
- Passionate about food
As part of Compass, you have the opportunity to work behind the scenes at sports and leisure events, oilrigs and military bases, and in the heart of schools, hospitals, care homes, client offices and boardrooms - some 6,000+ locations across the UK and Ireland.
We do it all and so could you. Apply now and join the family!
We are an equal opportunity employer, we celebrate diversity and are committed to building an inclusive environment for all employees.
Please note that we reserve the right to remove this advert prior to the advertised date, dependent on the level of response received. You are therefore advised to apply at your earliest convenience.