You will look after lots of hungry people, contributing to the efficient running of the kitchen. Responsible for producing meals for throughout the day whilst ensuring the kitchen runs smoothly, safely and hygienically. Job Description
Petersfield Hospital in Petersfield, Hampshire have an exciting opportunity for a Chef/Cook to join their team. You will be required to work 19 hours per week, weekends only.
Shifts will be 7:30am to 5:30pm. Main Responsibilities
The Ideal Candidate
- Working together with the team
- Using fresh ingredients to make good, quality food
- Implement Health & Safety legislation and COSHH at all times
- Cooking and preparation of quality meals for the elderly, ensuring dietary requirements are adhered to
- Extensive food knowledge with the ability to cook and present fresh food to a consistently high standard
About The Company
- Quality driven
- A strong team player
- Have sound knowledge of hygiene, health and safety requirements
- Self motivated with the ability to work in a pressurised environment
- You will have Qualified to NVQ level1/2 in food preparation and cooking or equivalent
- Experience of working as a Chef/Cook in a Hospital environment would be an advantage
Compass Group UK and Ireland is part of Compass Group Plc, the world's leading foodservice company. We specialise in providing food, vending and related services in our clients' premises. The company operates across the core sectors of Business & Industry, Defence, Offshore & Remote Site, Healthcare, Education, Sports & Leisure and Vending with an established brand portfolio.
We offer great discounts such as discounted cinema tickets, gyms membership, food outlets and supermarkets as well as life insurance and the option to join the company pension scheme. We offer further training by offering an accredited qualification through our NVQ program.