Chef De Partie - Harpenden
Salary - up to £11.45ph
Monday-Friday, 40 hours per week
Term Time - 40 week contract
Fantastic Opportunity-Prestigious Independent Prep School
Chartwells, part of Compass Group UK & Ireland, is the leading provider of catering and support services to Independent Schools in the UK. You will be part of a team that supports high quality education at this school by providing outstanding food and service to the pupils and staff. You will be a key part of a team who have a passion for preparing food daily using fresh ingredients. It all starts with enjoyment-great tasting, healthy food that pupils look forward to and really enjoy.
We are looking for a talented and experienced Chef De Partie to join our catering team at this prestigious Independent Prep School based in Harpenden.
We are looking for someone that can help drive our food offer forward working alongside an experienced team of chefs. Job Description
In return we offer support and development to grow within our business alongside a competitive salary.
- Up to £11.45 per depending on experience
- Term time only- working weekdays
- The opportunity of joining the Compass pension and share scheme
- Discounts at various high street stores
The Ideal Candidate
- Prepare, cook and present food to the highest standards checking for taste, presentation and quality.
- To ensure all food preparation is carried out in accordance with food hygiene procedures
- To ensure all allergen information and records are accurate and safe
- To ensure the effective control of a pastry and bakery section within the kitchen
- Support all areas of the Kitchen as required
- Assist in the development of new menus
- To ensure food is served promptly and work is carried out quickly and efficiently to keep up when busy
- To assist in completion of relevant paperwork including production and wastage sheets, cleaning records etc
About The Company
- Passionate and aims to cook to the highest quality freshest food possible
- Strong and consistent Chef De Partie background, with strong pastry skills
- Motivated and able to work well within a team
- Have excellent culinary skills with great attention to detail
- A creative thinker with sound knowledge of the latest food trends and fashions
- Have sound knowledge of hygiene, health and safety requirements
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a pressurised environment
- You will have Qualified to NVQ level1/2 in food preparation and cooking or equivalent
- Excellent people skills with the ability to develop and work well within a team
Our Company vision is Great People, Great Service, Great Results and we believe your contribution is crucial to the success of the business. To achieve our vision, we live by the values of Integrity, Teamwork, Passion, Can-do and Responsibility.
Please note: This vacancy may close before the advertised end date.