Chef Development- Food Engagement
Up To £40,000
Monday - Friday (Mobile role)
Chartwells, part of Compass Group UK & Ireland, is the leading provider of catering and support services to schools, colleges and universities in the UK. Chartwells works with over 2,000 education units including primary schools, secondary schools, independent schools, colleges and universities. Central to Chartwells is its Eat, Learn, Live ethos, which helps to educate young people about how to have a happy, safe and healthy lifestyle while contributing to a sustainable world.
Overall Purpose of the Role
Here at Chartwells we currently have a unique and exciting opportunity for an energetic individual with a passion of food and learning!
As the Chef Development Manager you will be responsible for providing culinary support across a number of education contracts within London.
You will be responsible for to building rapport with school children from 4-18 years, parents and Academies staff, engaging them and educating them through high energy interactive cooking classes, nutrition workshops parent evenings and any other Academy activity that would promote Chartwells.
If you are an innovative and creative Culinary professional with a real passion for nutrition and sharing your knowledge and are equally passionate about using top quality fresh ingredients and looking for a role which can offer both work life balance and career development - Apply now! Job Description
- Competitive depending on experience
- The opportunity of joining the Compass pension and share scheme
- Discounts at various high street stores
Day to day your accountability will include but not be limited too the following:
- Manage Engagement Sessions focusing on both primary and secondary children with the objective to educate and to increase uptake.
- Drive innovation with monthly theme day menus.
- Create menus created with allergen and recipes delivered directly to units wanting to participate.
- Manage all direct communications with principals and head of academies.
- Manage All menus including but not limited to theme day and main menus need approval from each academy.
- Work with the academies to amend and create bespoke menus that work for each.
- Lead the main menu change over process in both primary and secondary schools.
- Deliver all special diets communications between the nutrition team and academies.
- Development of all the cooks across the 47 academies.
- Uphold the highest food standards across the contract
- Host parents' evenings
- Support with mobilizations
- Complete MPRO5 audits twice weekly
- Marketing handouts whenever possible to increase uptake
The Ideal Candidate
The Ideal Candidate:
The ideal candidate will be highly organised and be able to develop relationships with key contact such as customers, clients and senior managers.
- Professional Cookery Level 3 qualification or equivalent
- Experience working in a culinary/catering role in the Education environment
- Passion for great food and excellent service delivery
- Ability to demonstrate outstanding culinary skills
- Ability to motivate and develop all levels of chefs
- Experience in training culinary skills
- Ability to deliver presentations to all levels confidently and accurately
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills at all levels
- Financially astute with regards to food costings and margin management
- Ability to analyse and evaluate information
- Experience of using process and planning to deliver consistent result to expectations
- Ability to work on own initiative but within a framework
- Working knowledge of Microsoft applications including; Word, Excel and PowerPoint
About The Company
Please note: This vacancy may close before the advertised end date.