Chef - Durham
Salary - Up to £10.38 per hour + overtime
- Employee benefits and continuous development and training!
5 over 7 Days - Fully Flexible Eurest
prides itself on creating contemporary foodservice solutions from the tea-room to the boardroom - and everything in between - for business and workplace industry clients.
We bring exceptional culinary creativity and flair, style and hospitality to employee restaurants, cafés and executive dining rooms.
We are currently looking for an enthusiastic and experienced Chef to join one of our exciting contracts at one of the largest centres in the UK.
You will be assisting the head chef with all areas of the kitchen including health and safety and general managing to ensure exceptional customer and food service.
This is a unique opportunity for a candidate who has a passion for high volume, high quality catering and who has experience in driving success. More about the role:
Who you are:
- Monitor standards of hygiene and appearance of your team to ensure company standards are maintained.
- Respond to the pace of the business in terms of speed of work and productivity.
- Prepare food in the correct manner as shown by the Head Chef, in compliance with company food specifications and photographs.
- Work with the entire team including managers and supervisors to provide quality, well-presented food with speed and efficiency.
- Where appropriate make recommendations to improve products and service
- Follow instructions to maximise product yield and minimise waste.
- To make sure that you meet all legal and company requirements for fire, health, safety and hygiene
Who we are:
- Worked in a similar environment before including contract catering experience
- Quality driven
- Have excellent culinary skills with an attention to detail
- A creative thinker with sound knowledge of the latest food trends
- Have sound knowledge of hygiene, health and safety requirements
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a high pressure environment
As part of Compass, you have the opportunity to work behind the scenes at sports and leisure events, oilrigs and military bases, and in the heart of schools, hospitals, care homes, client offices and boardrooms - some 6,000+ locations across the UK and Ireland.
We do it all and so could you. Apply now and join the family!
We are an equal opportunity employer, we celebrate diversity and are committed to building an inclusive environment for all employees.
Please note that we reserve the right to remove this advert prior to the advertised date, dependent on the level of response received. You are therefore advised to apply at your earliest convenience.